PDA

View Full Version : Bluff here?

Roy6
11-13-2005, 03:46 PM
Button is fish, BB is TAG.
I think BB would have bet out with a 3 on the flop.
That being said, I think he's likely on a flush draw too.
So we'll both likely to miss. Is it a good bluff here to 3-bet trying to take down the pot UI? Or is this too much investment for this little pot? (we'll have to fire the river and he can call that if he had a real hand/spiked a pair on the river)

Party Poker 5.00/10.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(5 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3.00 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, Button checks.

Turn: (1.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Button folds, Hero

einbert
11-13-2005, 03:47 PM
Why do you think he doesn't have a Q here?

Spicymoose
11-13-2005, 03:48 PM
Fold, the pot is too small. I would prefer to just try to bluff on the flop.

Roy6
11-13-2005, 03:50 PM
I think he'd prefer to bet out with a queen on the flop. Button is passive fish, likely to call but won't bet that can be check-raised.

einbert
11-13-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think he'd prefer to bet out with a queen on the flop. Button is passive fish, likely to call but won't bet that can be check-raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a good TAG checks this flop with a Q a lot. I agree with you that he's likely to bet a 3. He probably should have just bet his strong hands since button would have called him drawing dead a lot, but eh maybe he didn't.

In any case, I'm not a huge fan of going after this pot any more. I would call the turn raise and try to make the flush. If you miss, you might consider donkbetting the river as a bluff. It might be profitable, I dunno. You may want to bet the cards that complete the 65 OESD, as then you will probably be less likely to get bluffraised by the TAG if he has nothing.

I don't know though, it doesn't seem all that taggish to raise you here with just a draw in this tiny pot. It seems like he has more than just a draw the vast majority of the time.

Roy6
11-13-2005, 04:00 PM
Hmm. I'd bet the flop with a Queen here if I were BB.
Drawish board, 2 overcards possible. Should I mix this up?
What's the plan when checking?

Spicymoose
11-13-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hmm. I'd bet the flop with a Queen here if I were BB.
Drawish board, 2 overcards possible. Should I mix this up?
What's the plan when checking?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are BB and you have a queen, you better bet it.