PDA

View Full Version : How much aggression is right?

Display Name
11-13-2005, 02:57 PM
Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

No reads on MP1.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, 1 fold</font>, Hero raises</font>, 3 folds</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 players)</font>
MP1 bets</font>, Hero . . .

Vote4Pedro
11-13-2005, 02:59 PM
Raising this flop is a perfect example of bad aggression...I'm comfortable with folding this flop

11-13-2005, 03:09 PM
I'm going to let this hand go before it gets out of control. You could possibly raise that flop once if the villain is awfully weak, but beyond that I think you have to accept you lost this one.

Stealthy
11-13-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

No reads on MP1.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, 1 fold</font>, Hero raises</font>, 3 folds</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 players)</font>
MP1 bets</font>, Hero . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Folds. You have no hand, no draw and any possible outs are tainted beyond reason. Drop it without a second thought and move on.

Fryguy
11-13-2005, 03:43 PM
This is weird that he donks into you instead of check/raising. Even still, you most likely aren't going to get him to fold, and he's probably got you beat. Easy fold.

ajm36
11-13-2005, 04:02 PM
I think you can fold here. He may be betting the K or the flush draw. At most you have four outs (the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifand 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif are shot) and the 10's may be gone altogether. Don't forget you may already be drawing dead. Fold here and save your money.

Display Name
11-17-2005, 11:54 PM
thank you for your comments. I realize that the AT suited raise is wrong. Those clubs just looked so purty at the time.

By the way, I did fold the hand. I'm glad everyone thought it was the right play.

Regards
Bill

11-18-2005, 12:10 AM
I'd fold. The pot is too small to chase your non-diamond outs. A reasonable single diamond won't fold here.

Greg J
11-18-2005, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I realize that the AT suited raise is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise this preflop everytime. Good flop fold.

11-18-2005, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Raising this flop is a perfect example of bad aggression...I'm comfortable with folding this flop

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really understand this comment???

A suited Ace high with good kicker against one limping opponent and you wouldn't raise.

Seems like you would be ahead preflop a majority of the time.

11-18-2005, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
thank you for your comments. I realize that the AT suited raise is wrong. Those clubs just looked so purty at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the fact that it is "purty/suited" makes this a strong preflop holding and is worthy of a value raise. The Ace alone makes it strong HU against a limper.

Why do you think the raise is wrong? Work your argument for not raising and see if it holds up in your own mind.

11-18-2005, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really understand this comment???

A suited Ace high with good kicker against one limping opponent and you wouldn't raise.

Seems like you would be ahead preflop a majority of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

we're ahead a lot pre-flop yes, but when we get bet into on this all-diamond flop by the limper, we're unlikely to be ahead. What happens when the A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif falls?

Boolean
11-18-2005, 01:57 AM
/grunch/
Hero folds.

A_K
11-18-2005, 02:18 AM
Grunch.

PF raise is fine. Though there is a reasonably good chance villan is bluffing (many fish would check-raise here, or check-call and check-raise the turn if they flopped a flush) I still wouldn't call.