PDA

View Full Version : Top 2 and overjoyed

TonySanDiego
11-13-2005, 01:56 PM
NL $600

Hero on button, $552
Villian in BB $690

BTW, I don't have good reads on either of these players, not many hands and I am new at these limits.

The action in general seems to bit more aggressive, they WILL try to push you off hands.

Hero is dealt A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG opens for $6, folded to Hero who calls.. (too timid??)
SB calls..

Flop is 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to Villian in BB who bets $22
UTG folds..
Hero raises to $66, I have been feeling pushed around a bit so I decide to push back... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Villian calls my raise.

OK, I put him on an Ace too, and quite possibly a better one than mine.. My immediate reaction is Oops.. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Pot is $156

Turn brings a 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

My next reaction is make hay while the sun shines..

Villian checks...
Hero bets $175 and I am thinking that with the pot size my bet may have been too small..... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Villian pushes...

Again, I say to you... NOW WHAT..???

CamelZoo
11-13-2005, 01:59 PM
easiest. call. ever.

technologic
11-13-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
NL $600

Hero on button, $552
Villian in BB $690

BTW, I don't have good reads on either of these players, not many hands and I am new at these limits.

The action in general seems to bit more aggressive, they WILL try to push you off hands.

SB calls..

Flop is 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG folds..
Hero raises to $66, I have been feeling pushed around a bit so I decide to push back... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Villian calls my raise.

OK, I put him on an Ace too, and quite possibly a better one than mine.. My immediate reaction is Oops.. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Pot is $156

Villian checks...
Hero bets $175 and I am thinking that with the pot size my bet may have been too small..... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Villian pushes...

[/ QUOTE ]

raise pf or fold.
given line, i don't know how slightly overbetting the pot is too small of a bet.

given villains' line, i wouldn't be surprised to see a set, or AKd/AQd type hand that's not too far behind, more leaning towards a set. however, you've effectively priced yourself in to call 300 in an 800 pot. i'd say i'm pretty much committed to put my money into the pot. best case scenario he's got an offsuit AK...but i don't know how likely that would be. i'd bet less on the turn, maybe 2/3 pot, so a decision to fold would be easier.

ryanghall
11-13-2005, 03:43 PM
I'm not getting away from this hand. AK is entirely possible.

If this is full ring, I'd fold preflop. ATo is not a wonderful hand. Raising would be my 2nd option. Calling is almost certainly the worst option, unless UTG is very loose and would limp Ax.

Ryan

shabamgoddam
11-13-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
- i like this line. /images/graemlins/grin.gif
anyway,
call, you're money made the choice for you. you have top 2 w/$300 left in a ~$600 pot. i'd expect to see a lesser 2 pair here or a set. no pf raise so A4/44/22/42s are all possibilities. he's not scared of your raises so he must put you on an A he beats. with a check-raise all-in on the turn i would be thinking about a set, or atleast 2 pair.
raise this pf and it would help you narrow his hand range. but this is all my opionion, i VERY RARELY play this high.

11-13-2005, 09:59 PM
Is UTG opening to $6 a mini-raise or limp? Either way I call, the BB's hand range is alot wider seeing as how he can have any 2 cards. I think a smaller 2 pair is likely

technologic
11-13-2005, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NL $600

Hero on button, $552
Villian in BB $690

SB calls..

UTG folds..

Villian calls my raise.

Pot is $156

Villian checks...

Villian pushes...

[/ QUOTE ]

raise pf or fold.
given line, i don't know how slightly overbetting the pot is too small of a bet.

given villains' line, i wouldn't be surprised to see a set, or AKd/AQd type hand that's not too far behind, more leaning towards a set. however, you've effectively priced yourself in to call 300 in an 800 pot. i'd say i'm pretty much committed to put my money into the pot. best case scenario he's got an offsuit AK...but i don't know how likely that would be. i'd bet less on the turn, maybe 2/3 pot, so a decision to fold would be easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry i didn't see that bb was giving the action rather than utg. this changes my response to simply yawning as you shove your chips towards the middle.

11-13-2005, 10:09 PM
call, you beat over 90% of his range here.

gol4pro
11-13-2005, 10:36 PM
I'd beat him into the pot with stacks this short against a LAG.

TonySanDiego
11-15-2005, 04:09 PM
Sorry for the delay replying.

As always thanks to all for your input.

Sadly, the villian had trapped me with a set of 2"s.

When villian just called my flop raise, he set the hook.

When I flopped top two, I was done for, putting villian on AK AQ.

So.., how does one avoid these traps, or does stepping on an occasional land mine go with the territory?

Again, thanks all,

SunOfBeach
11-15-2005, 04:42 PM
unavoidable. your hand was unfoldable getting 2:1, you beat 80%+ of the range youd put him on there.

lapoker17
11-15-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So.., how does one avoid these traps

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't raise the flop. You have a very average hand, no need to create a big pot.