PDA

View Full Version : QQ, when do I slow down?

RustyCJ
11-13-2005, 01:56 PM
does the 3 bet on the flop tell me to slow down, I'm probably behind here? ? do I call the 3-bet and check the turn?

my plan was to lay it down on the turn if I was raised.

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls.

River: (14 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB

numeri
11-13-2005, 02:01 PM
You're seriously considering laying down an overpair on the turn when you have no reads? Don't.

This is fine. If you lost to a set or 2pr, you must be up against some weak-tighties. Wow. I'm not even that weak-tight. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

RustyCJ
11-13-2005, 02:12 PM
I was going to lay it down because I capped the flop and if I'm popped again on the turn, I don't have much hope. When I wasn't raised on the turn I thought I was probably up against AJ.

And I lost to a set of 7s

numeri
11-13-2005, 02:22 PM
1) If you have no reads, call down. People will go nuts with flush draws and other crap. You also have outs vs 2pr.

2) CO is crazy weak-tight. He fears JJ from you. Wow. That's horrible! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

11-13-2005, 02:25 PM
You got to make a note about that guy. You can fold everything vs him if he raises now.

numeri
11-13-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You got to make a note about that guy. You can fold everything vs him if he raises now.

[/ QUOTE ]
Absolutely. I'm wondering what he'll raise with? If you don't have the nuts and this guy raises, run. Just run away.

Mathieu
11-13-2005, 02:43 PM
I think this is standard with no reads.

CO's 3 bet does not worry me that much. He could have flopped a set but he could also have an AJ that he is trying to protect, or a strong flush draw that he decided to play aggressively. This raise is for value.

Also, don't fold to a single turn raise unless a bad card falls.

11-13-2005, 04:44 PM
grunch...

Reads help here a lot. I think you played it fine. you might be looking at 2 pair a lot here though. As the board is not paired on the river, I just might check/call and induce one last bet out of CO.