PDA

View Full Version : 6M: AKs played like [censored]

numeri
11-13-2005, 01:44 PM
SB here is horrible. Just horrible. Basically just padding the pot.
Button is my concern. We'd played about 50 hands together, and I had yet to see a 3-bet. In fact, I'd seen only 2 raises.

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.fourthnut.com/cgi-bin/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

<font color="blue">A reasonable range here is AA-JJ, AKs/o, AQs. Clearly a cap is in order.</font>

Flop: (13 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

<font color="blue">Now comes my crappy play. I hadn't seen much aggression from Button yet. MUBS maybe, but I'm thinking AA-KK or AK here. Since there are 6 possible AA, 1 KK, and 6 AK, do I have enough overlay from SB to 3-bet? I just went into call-down mode.</font>

Turn: (9.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero ...

<font color="blue">Nothing changed here. My weak-tight brain is still thinking AA, KK or AK, so I checked again. Too weak?</font>

(I left out the rest of the action purposefully.)

Vote4Pedro
11-13-2005, 01:49 PM
I never know how to deal with someone tagging along...I'm capping the flop, leading the turn, then switching to calldown mode

EDIT: 3bet flop

11-13-2005, 02:01 PM
Say you are villain. You probably put hero on AA-QQ,AK. What hands is he raising with despite knowing this?

AQ-AJs,KK,AA,1010.

You are behind 12/14 hands. You arent looking good. At the turn nothing has changed. So you have to put villain on a bluff a large amount of the time to raise. I would check call it down since you are pretty much getting 1/7 to call down.

Fryguy
11-13-2005, 03:33 PM
I would say 3-bet the flop, but the reasoning above is very sound. If you have a good enough read to think you are beaten, which isn't too hard, then this is an easy river check.

If you boat up on the river, are you planning on going 3-4 bets?

Disconnected
11-13-2005, 03:47 PM
I'd 3-bet the flop, but I'm not sure it's right. I do think that you should add TT to his range. The reason I'd 3-bet is that I would tend to not put him on that tight of a range over 50 hands, unless I'd seen him specifically not raising some raiseable (is that a word?) hands when he had a chance. If you have seen that, then I'd change my mind to call down. But, without being sure of that read, plus the fact that SB is padding, I'd 3-bet.

If he caps the flop, I'd call it down the rest of the way, and if he calls the 3-bet, I'd bet the turn.

On the turn, the ace does mean that there's only one way he has AA, and four ways for AK, so it makes TT a better possibility. Not enough to fold, but it would confirm the calldown. Tough spot with a premium hand.

numeri
11-13-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you boat up on the river, are you planning on going 3-4 bets?

[/ QUOTE ]
If the river is an A, of course. I have the nuts! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

If it's a K, I bet/call. Bet because TT - which I left out before - will call, and call a raise because the two other AK hands will also raise.

Shillx
11-13-2005, 04:24 PM
What do you think his range is when he raises the flop?

You are getting an underlay against AA/KK/TT/AK/AQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Your edge is cancelled by the rake if you can add in AJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif and KQs. The only way I would 3-bet the flop is if you can make the range...

AA-KK,TT,AK,AQ-AJ/images/graemlins/spade.gif
KQ

Brad

Edited to say that your range here is probably too tight.

Greg J
11-13-2005, 04:43 PM
I 3 bet this flop everytime. I also lead the turn. I think you can see why. AA or KK is mathematically more unlikely since 2 of each card are already accounted for. I'm not saying go to war, but I agree that you played this unreasonably weak.

Greg J
11-13-2005, 04:46 PM
Okay, by this argument I can see just calling the flop raise and leading the turn. Is that what you are advocating?

numeri
11-13-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you think his range is when he raises the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
My original range was too tight. I should obviously include at least TT in there. In retrospect, it should have been much wider, but like I mentioned, I had yet to see a 3-bet, and only 2 preflop raises in 50 hands.

I think against the range I had in mind at the time, I should just be calling down, since I hadn't seen him pump a NFD. (Like AQ/images/graemlins/spade.gif, AJ/images/graemlins/spade.gif, or KQ/images/graemlins/spade.gif)

[ QUOTE ]
Edited to say that your range here is probably too tight.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I can tell you now that it definitely was. What would you add to this relative unknown? Just the hands you mentioned?

Felipe
11-13-2005, 06:22 PM
tough hand. as for the turn. I bet, i don't want to give a free card.