PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Guerrero Dead

daveymck
11-13-2005, 01:41 PM
Another wrestler has died, in his hotel room according to wwe (http://www.wwe.com)

Sightless
11-13-2005, 01:43 PM
I wonder what the cause of his death is.

Cancer Merchant
11-13-2005, 01:46 PM
Looks like he fell back off the wagon. Too bad...too many guys in that business get stuck on drugs.

KaneKungFu123
11-13-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

s-t-e-r-o-i-d-s

diebitter
11-13-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

s-t-e-r-o-i-d-s

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it'd be overcoking with a whore sitting on him.

Peter666
11-13-2005, 01:57 PM
Maybe he'll come back to life to take Rey Mysterio with him.

IndieMatty
11-13-2005, 01:57 PM
/images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif

TheRover
11-13-2005, 01:58 PM
Goddammit, he was awesome.

KaneKungFu123
11-13-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

s-t-e-r-o-i-d-s

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not a bad way to go /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jack of Arcades
11-13-2005, 02:08 PM
Very unsettling. Very unsurprising.

diebitter
11-13-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

s-t-e-r-o-i-d-s

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not a bad way to go /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it's called an 'Entwhistle' /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Soul Daddy
11-13-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes and yes. Unfortunately, it is not surprising at all when a 38 year old wrestler is found dead in his hotel room. I'm sad.

KDawgCometh
11-13-2005, 02:18 PM
i'm speachless right now

bdk3clash
11-13-2005, 02:23 PM
Wow--this is terrible.

IndieMatty
11-13-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow--this is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the best of all time, always battling his demons. This is tremendously sad.

Jack of Arcades
11-13-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes and yes. Unfortunately, it is not surprising at all when a 38 year old wrestler is found dead in his hotel room. I'm sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's amazing; I saw him on SmackDown! not to long ago and told my friend "he'll be dead in five years." We both shook our heads, missing what Eddie Guerrero once had been.

Sigh.

My condolences to Hector, Mando, Chavo, Chavo, Jr., and all of the other Guerreros.

Lazymeatball
11-13-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

One of the best of all time,

[/ QUOTE ]

okay, isn't this a bit of a stretch.

Soul Daddy
11-13-2005, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not if the subject is in-ring ability. Hell, or promos. He might not have been one of the most well known or successful, but his talent was up there with the best.

Jack of Arcades
11-13-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eddie Guerrero wrestled 5* matches for at least 11 years.

Lazymeatball
11-13-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also a huge stretch. Where were all the threads talking about how great EG was last week? He was a role player, never a superstar.

bdk3clash
11-13-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think this is a stretch at all.

Lazymeatball
11-13-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Name the top 5 off all time. EG is not on that list.

Edge34
11-13-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair, neither are a LOT of very very good wrestlers. I think Eddie was good enough to make a lot of bad angles work, its a shame that basically the last thing we got to see from him was a crappy "paternity feud" with Rey. That type of writing is why I hardly watch the stuff anymore. I'll compare him to Flyin' Brian Pillman...also deceased (and in Minneapolis). Great worker, victim of their own demons out of the ring and some pretty bad angles in the ring.

IndieMatty
11-13-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also a huge stretch. Where were all the threads talking about how great EG was last week? He was a role player, never a superstar.

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously are not a wrestling fan.

Soul Daddy
11-13-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He was a role player, never a superstar.

[/ QUOTE ]
To the internet wrestling fan, Guerrero was a god.

11-13-2005, 02:46 PM
He was a star. One of the best workers and talkers in the world. He was never quite the same after his tag partner in Mexico, Art Barr, died under similar circumstances in 1994.

Being on the road is tough, those guys take uppers, downers, roids and muscle relaxers. Its not good for you. Vince expects these guys to wrestle 300+ times a year in a different city every night. Not many people can do it without drugs.

IndieMatty
11-13-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well "one of the best" does not assume top 5; considering there has been thousands of wrestlers over the years, let's say he is on par as an overall performer with the likes of Ric Flair, Austin, Angle, Pillman, Jake The Snake, Bret Hart etc.

Jack of Arcades
11-13-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um... because we talk so much about wrestling on this board? Most of the wrestling fans here aren't smarks and their wrestling knowledge doesn't much extend past 1995.

I was a huge fan of Eddie, everything from Super J Cup '94 (vs. Taka, vs. Benoit) to his work in ECW (before it was Extreme, it was a haven for awesome workers) to WCW (his title vs mask match with Rey is one of the best matches I've ever SEEN - and Eddie OOZED charisma) to WWF/E (vs. ANYONE - Rey, Benoit, Angle, Lesnar, Jericho, etc). All Eddie Guerrero ever did was wrestle awesome matches.

11-13-2005, 03:05 PM

11-13-2005, 03:24 PM
This book isnt about Eddie, but its about a wrestler who lived a similar life style. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...ks&n=507846 (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1553660846/qid=1131909797/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-8841648-8864623?v=glance&s=books&n=507846)

siccjay
11-13-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe he'll come back to life to take Rey Mysterio with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a douchebag.

MasterShakes
11-13-2005, 03:41 PM
I had no idea there were this many pro wrestling fans here. While I can't get into the storylines any more, I still get jazzed up for well-performed matches, and Guerrero's were always top notch. This is the first wrestler death that I've felt anything over at all. It's easily the most surprising one to hear of, and even more surprising that I heard it here first. I'm becoming convinced that this is an even more devastating profession to be in than pro football.

Lazymeatball
11-13-2005, 03:42 PM
I am not as knowledgeable about wrestling history as some on this board. I watched it on saturday mornings as a kid during a period shortly after Hulkamania was at it's heights. And then In highschool for the period shortly before and leading up to the WWF/WCW merger.

That said, my main experience with EG is when he came over to WWF with Benoit and Milenko and some other guy. I liked him, he was amusing, but there was nothing compelling about him. He was obviously never a contender with the likes of Austin, Rock or HHH, Foley, etc. My point is, he was never even one of the best during his prime years, so to call him one of the best of all time is outlandish.

MasterShakes
11-13-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That said, my main experience with EG is when he came over to WWF with Benoit and Milenko and some other guy. I liked him, he was amusing, but there was nothing compelling about him. He was obviously never a contender with the likes of Austin, Rock or HHH, Foley, etc. My point is, he was never even one of the best during his prime years, so to call him one of the best of all time is outlandish.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that, when focusing entirely on character and popularity of character, he is not one of the best of all time. However, as a performer with actual ring skill, he is inarguably one of the best of all time. I think this is what people were trying to say.

It's one of the catch-22's of the wrestling profession - they want to push those with mic skills, but it's rare to find somebody with mic skills who also has ring skills. This is why, just a couple years ago, it was surprising to see both Benoit and Guerrero pushed as champions simultaneously. I saw it as a short-lived victory for those who pay attention to ring skill and ignore all the BS that surrounds this industry.

Lazymeatball
11-13-2005, 03:55 PM
I am much more attracted to character and outlandish antics when I watch wrestling. When I want to watch ring skills, I watch UFC. I think this helps explain my views on EG.

KDawgCometh
11-13-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there are many legends who would not make a top 5 list. Eddie is a legend. He has come close to making the observer HoF(which is the only legit pro wrestling HoF) recently, and Meltzer said that if eddie is able to hold the belt for another decent run, that he'd be a shoo-in in the next 3 years. Which makes things even sadder, as due to Batista's injury, it looks like Eddie was gonna get the belt tonight in a three way with Orton and Batista.

Eddie made the best out of whatever crap they gave him, and he made it gold. Look at the great promos he did with teh LWO in WCW, look at how big the Radicals invasion was in the WWF. The 5 man radicals match on smackdown was the highest rated ever single match for smackdown, it pulled around an 8. He carried jobbers and god awful wrestlers to great matches. Just look at how well he did with JBL. I'm not even gonna get into how amazing his matches were in japan as black tiger, and the Dean vs Eddie series in ECW

You obviously aren't that much of a wrestling fan, so please try to stay out of this as this is a very sad time for any true wrestling fan

Benal
11-13-2005, 03:59 PM
RIP Latino Heeeeat

RacersEdge
11-13-2005, 03:59 PM
Wrestling is fake - maybe this is too.

KDawgCometh
11-13-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Most of the wrestling fans here aren't smarks and their wrestling knowledge doesn't much extend past 1995.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am, and obviously, I don't post at this site to talk wrestling, I go to DVD for that, and I order the wrestling observer and have for the past 4 1/2 years. It'd be silly for someone like me to come to this board to talk about wrestling(well, actually, sometimes its silly to go to dvd, as some of the people there don't seem to know much about wrestling either)

KDawgCometh
11-13-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] off jackass

MasterShakes
11-13-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a moron (as to the second part).

Lazymeatball
11-13-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You obviously aren't that much of a wrestling fan,

[/ QUOTE ]
This is correct. Part of being one of the greatest of all time is appealing to people who aren't hardcore wrestling fans. I'm not trying to knock the guy, but I see no reason to inflate his accomplishments simply because he died a tragic death.

MasterShakes
11-13-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is correct. Part of being one of the greatest of all time is appealing to people who aren't hardcore wrestling fans. I'm not trying to knock the guy, but I see no reason to inflate his accomplishments simply because he died a tragic death.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is inflation of accomplishments due to death, and I think wrestling fans in general have been pretty good about not doing that, even if the industry itself hasn't. I don't think Rick Rude, Big Bossman, or Owen Hart were "legends" at all. I do think Andre the Giant, Curt Hennig, and Eddy Guerrero would all fit the bill though. Tons of wrestlers have gone through this industry. It's pretty unfair to say that anybody outside of the top 5 is not a legend.

Jack of Arcades
11-13-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. You have no idea what the [censored] you are talking about. You admit it. And yet you continue talking.

utmt40
11-13-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
die, cheat, steal

[/ QUOTE ]

That was wrong but I am not going to say anything bad...(insert insult here)

We will miss you Eddie. RIP my friend!

KDawgCometh
11-13-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are very wrong. The fact is, Eddie has been in Big money Angles and positions in all of the major pro wrestling countries in teh world. He and Art Barr were part of the revival of Mexico, his run as Black Tiger has generally been considered the best black tiger(and the other guy's behind the black tiger mask have been great wrestlers in Marc Rollerball Rocca and now Rocky Romero, to be bestowed the black tiger mask is an honor in japan), him and dean malenko's series of matches were part of a massive year for ECW(95), he had nothing but excellent matches in WCW and if the political climate wasn't so awful, he would've been the top champ at a point, and look at his WWF record, he has been nothing but a major player there since he joined in 2K. You obviously are speaking out of your ass

He has proven, that to be a top guy, you don't have to be 6'3" 275 lbs of muscle. He was able to be a top guy becuase of his stellar in ring work, and his charisma. I'd love to hear what your top 5 might be, and I can garnutee you that I could tear it apart and show how little you know. so just do yourself a favor and stop talking about this topic

Lazymeatball
11-13-2005, 04:29 PM
I've obviously struck a nerve, but I'm glad I did because your responses have taught me alot about EG that I didn't know, particularly KDawg's. I conceed. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

daryn
11-13-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've obviously struck a nerve, but I'm glad I did because your responses have taught me alot about EG that I didn't know, particularly KDawg's. I conceed. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf is this, an after-school special?

Lazymeatball
11-13-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wtf is this, an after-school special?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/f/fd/180px-C-apu.gif

I have been zinged and I love it.

RacersEdge
11-13-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] off jackass

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, didn't realize people here took wrestling this seriously. I actually thought it wasn't beyond the "script" to come up with something like this.

mostsmooth
11-13-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Another wrestler has died, in his hotel room according to wwe (http://www.wwe.com)

[/ QUOTE ]
boo hoo

Los Feliz Slim
11-13-2005, 04:55 PM
I personally don't enjoy wrestling. I think that 99% of the people who are fans of wrestling understand that it's not an actual competition, and is instead more like physical theater. If prime-time sitcom star were dying at this rate, I think we'd be hearing a lot more about it.

11-13-2005, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that 99% of the people who are fans of wrestling understand that it's not an actual competition, and is instead more like physical theater.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind of like a soap opera for nerds and white trash.

Jack of Arcades
11-13-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think that 99% of the people who are fans of wrestling understand that it's not an actual competition, and is instead more like physical theater.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind of like a soap opera for nerds and white trash.

[/ QUOTE ]

With some amazing athletic feats thrown in.

4thstreetpete
11-13-2005, 05:20 PM
WOW, that's fked up! I gotta catch all the wrestling radio shows now. Should be all over the net.

Sadly this wasn't surprising. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Something's gotta be done soon, wrestlers are dropping like flies and usually it's in their hotel rooms. I thought Eddie had gotten over his "demons"

KaneKungFu123
11-13-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WOW, that's fked up! I gotta catch all the wrestling radio shows now. Should be all over the net.

Sadly this wasn't surprising. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Something's gotta be done soon, wrestlers are dropping like flies and usually it's in their hotel rooms. I thought Eddie had gotten over his "demons"

[/ QUOTE ]

can we get a lsit of all dead wrestlers?

11-13-2005, 05:29 PM
They've got a press conference up on wwe.com now. It's going really slowly though.

11-13-2005, 05:42 PM
didnt he used to be addicted to painkillers?

KaneKungFu123
11-13-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
didnt he used to be addicted to painkillers chopped up and snorted with gun powder, cocaine and speed ?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

diebitter
'used to be' is absolutely correct.

vulturesrow
11-13-2005, 05:59 PM
Eddie managed to put Chyna over in the crappy storyline where he was in love with her. That alone ought to put him in the top 5 as far as Im concerned. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

KDawgCometh
11-13-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how much time do you have. THe wrestlers that were big in the 80s and since have been dying at an alarming rate. Kevin Nash also came close to dying recently too but he was able to get to the hospital in time

KaneKungFu123
11-13-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how much time do you have. THe wrestlers that were big in the 80s and since have been dying at an alarming rate. Kevin Nash also came close to dying recently too but he was able to get to the hospital in time

[/ QUOTE ]

We should have a wrestler survivor contest!!!

Voltron87
11-13-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
decent sized list
http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/information/obituaries.html

[/ QUOTE ]

looking over it quickly it looks like most of them are due to heart failure and related issues.

ive never understood wrestling, a bunch of steroided up meatheads acting out some contrived macho storyline.

KaneKungFu123
11-13-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
decent sized list

[/ QUOTE ]

looking over it quickly it looks like most of them are due to heart.

ive never understood wrestling, a bunch of steroided up meatheads acting out some contrived macho storyline.

[/ QUOTE ]

you didnt think it was cool when the nast boys spit in their armpit and rubbed the guys face in it?????

11-13-2005, 06:12 PM
He died with a toothbrush in his mouth. Had to be heart failure.

Jorge10
11-13-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
decent sized list

[/ QUOTE ]

looking over it quickly it looks like most of them are due to heart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the Young ones(25-50) that die are of heart attacks, suicide, and cancer.

Also did they need to put a series of strokes, I mean do we really need to know it was a bunch of them, I would think stroke would be good enough.

When it comes to the OP. I think Eddy Guerrero had pretty good mic skills. I dont think people like Austin and Mick Foley had better mic skills than Eddy, the problem is that those guys had good angles and good timing. Thats really what its all about, doing an angle that is funny or interesting and doing it at the right time so that the fans get it and laugh or follow it heavily. Eddy always had really crappy ones to work with, Latino Heat was kind of funny, but the way it was ended was lame, they had him cheat and killed off the character. I think the problem behind him having crappy angles is that he was always the bad guy, I cant remember when he was a good guy. Most of the great angles people remember are good guy angles.

Jack of Arcades
11-13-2005, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
decent sized list

[/ QUOTE ]

looking over it quickly it looks like most of them are due to heart failure and related issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you look like you've made an informed decision about the merits of wrestling after watching some great matches.

Dynasty
11-13-2005, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
decent sized list

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know Curt Hennig and Crash Holly died.

Eric Draven
11-13-2005, 08:26 PM
This is a very sad day. I don't watch wrestling much anymore, but when I do, he was one of the main reasons.

And for those you who don't like wrestling, that's fine, but a man died. Can't you be a little bit more compassionate?

Uglyowl
11-13-2005, 09:06 PM
I didn't realize how many had died. Mr. Perfect, Hercules Hernandez, and Yokozuna.

krazyace5
11-13-2005, 09:27 PM
Even the first lady of wrestling has died.
http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profiles/e/elizabeth.html

chucksim
11-13-2005, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On a whim my I went to see an ECW house show back in 1995 which wound up being a show that had the first of the three matches billed as the "Malenko Guerrero Classic". Unbelievable work.

These were two guys with no real gimmicks at the time who just went out and worked their a$$es off for about 200 people in Hazleton PA. Class acts in the ring. His talent will be missed. I don't think I saw technical ring work nearly as good since.

Jack of Arcades
11-13-2005, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On a whim my I went to see an ECW house show back in 1995 which wound up being a show that had the first of the three matches billed as the "Malenko Guerrero Classic". Unbelievable work.

These were two guys with no real gimmicks at the time who just went out and worked their a$$es off for about 200 people in Hazleton PA. Class acts in the ring. His talent will be missed. I don't think I saw technical ring work nearly as good since.

[/ QUOTE ]

All four of the Radicals were amazing in-ring; Dean Malenko's my personal favorite, Perry Saturn was constantly underrated, and of course two of them went on to be WWE Champions.

Amazing the talent that was in that WCW Cruiser Division. Jericho, Benoit, Malenko, Eddy, Rey, Juvy before he sucked, Psychosis, etc, etc.

It's kind've sad that it sparked the spotfest revolution. Some of these great matches were nothing more than spotfests, but with great technical workers in the division they had plenty of amazing psychological battles, too.

God I miss those years.

Sponger15SB
11-13-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
decent sized list

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know Curt Hennig and Crash Holly died.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should get the new Macho Man Randy Savage Album...

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000CF348.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Song: Perfect Friend

[INTRO]
This one goes out to my real close friend and buddy
Curt Hennig A.K.A. Mr. Perfect just want to
let you know that you're missed but you'll never be forgotten
You've always been an incredible friend and we just want
you to know that we've got your back buddy
system style from Macho Man Randy Savage

[VERSE 1]
Hey Curt we miss you but we know you're in a better place
It's kinda hard as time goes on and I don't see your face
So I'm clinchin' and I'm holdin' on to memories
Remember the times rollin' strong just you and me
It's real hard sometimes to keep it goin' day to day
But I know you wouldn't want it any other way
So I keep it movin' doin' what I gotta do
And as a tribute I'm dedicating this song to you

[CHORUS 2x]
You were my perfect friend
Right there until the end
I'm forever missin' you
Until we meet again
Can't explain this pain
Never felt like this
Mr. Perfect don't you know
That you'll be truly missed

[VERSE 2]
Mr. Perfect's the name it'll never be forgotten
As long as Macho's around I'm a keep ya spot in
Wrestling history cuz you were all about perfection
It's not a mystery that wrestling was the right selection
Cuz you were one of the best very high on my list
Not just in the ring but outta the ring you're dearly missed
But your name lives on we carry on your legacy
Cuz the passion that you left with us lives on in me

[CHORUS 2x]

[VERSE 3]
We remember Mr. Perfect (you know you'll be truly missed)
He was always in command (you know you'll be truly missed) 3x
His greatness was so obvious
That all could understand

He brightened up a locker room (you know I'm missin' you (missin' you)
He made the time go by (how much you'll never know (never know)
He had personality (deep in our hearts we'll never ever forget you)
Gregarious, not shy

He really was perfection
But now he's gone away
We're lucky to have known him
And we'll miss him everyday
Mr. Perfect

[CHORUS 3x]

KDawgCometh
11-13-2005, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Juvy before he sucked

[/ QUOTE ]

were we both watching the same matches that he put on in TNA, cause Juvy was busting it out big time. When Juvy is motivated, he is one of the best workers on the planet. He also had some great matches in NOAH

Jorge10
11-13-2005, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't realize how many had died. Mr. Perfect, Hercules Hernandez, and Yokozuna.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow I had not followed wrestling because the writting went downhill a few years back, but wow so many are dead. Big bossman, crash holly, yokozuna, all dead, wow...

So whats the reason behind them being drug addicts? I mean the roids I could understand, same with the pain killers, but whats up with all of them being hooked on coke and other crap? Any reason for that?

NotMitch
11-13-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He died with a toothbrush in his mouth. Had to be heart failure.

[/ QUOTE ]

That or poison toothpaste.

jstnrgrs
11-13-2005, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not if the subject is in-ring ability.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, I hate to break this to you, but pro-werstling is fake.

vulturesrow
11-13-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow I had not followed wrestling because the writting went downhill a few years back, but wow so many are dead. Big bossman, crash holly, yokozuna, all dead, wow...

So whats the reason behind them being drug addicts? I mean the roids I could understand, same with the pain killers, but whats up with all of them being hooked on coke and other crap? Any reason for that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably the same reasons that many other entertainers seem to fall prey to these things.

LesJ
11-14-2005, 01:10 AM
Although an autopsy is in the works, a theory I have heard mentioned tonight on a couple of wrestling sites is the possibility of a brain anyerism (sp??). Apparently Ken Kennedy delivered a chair shot last week on Smackdown that could have done the damage. Chavo was suppossedly with him as they arrived in Minnesota last night and spoke of Eddies pride about his recent anniversary of being "clean." It seems as if many in the business (including those closest to Eddie) would be shocked if his fatality was drug-induced in any way.
And to all the flamers out there, yes wrestling is "fake," just like virtually every other programming on television. It is the brilliant marriage between sports and entertainment and Eddie was one of the best at this art. He will be sorely missed!
Les

Jack of Arcades
11-14-2005, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not if the subject is in-ring ability.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, I hate to break this to you, but pro-werstling is fake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, look at that, another idiot who has no idea what the [censored] he;s talking about trying to make himself look better than some of the smartest people on the board, because they like wrestling.

utmt40
11-14-2005, 01:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Although an autopsy is in the works, a theory I have heard mentioned tonight on a couple of wrestling sites is the possibility of a brain anyerism (sp??). Apparently Ken Kennedy delivered a chair shot last week on Smackdown that could have done the damage. Chavo was suppossedly with him as they arrived in Minnesota last night and spoke of Eddies pride about his recent anniversary of being "clean." It seems as if many in the business (including those closest to Eddie) would be shocked if his fatality was drug-induced in any way.
And to all the flamers out there, yes wrestling is "fake," just like virtually every other programming on television. It is the brilliant marriage between sports and entertainment and Eddie was one of the best at this art. He will be sorely missed!
Les

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you said it best!

Voltron87
11-14-2005, 01:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And to all the flamers out there, yes wrestling is "fake," just like virtually every other programming on television.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember, you're trying to comvince people that wrestling fans aren't dumbasses.

Jack of Arcades
11-14-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And to all the flamers out there, yes wrestling is "fake," just like virtually every other programming on television.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember, you're trying to comvince people that wrestling fans aren't dumbasses.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only way to do this is to show them a few very good matches. It depends on the type of person they are. Usually some high flying stuff will work, sometimes if they're a UFC fan, something like Angle/Benoit will work (ie, technical work). You could also do a good street fight (HHH/HBK, perhaps HBK/Taker HIAC).

A well exectued match is a beautiful thing.

Jorge10
11-14-2005, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You didnt get what he was trying to say at all.

Anyway I havent watched wrestling in a while because the writting has been terrible, but wrestling can be either funny or serious, when its funny its the same thing as watching a good sitcom on tv. They all act their parts and you laugh, just like any other sitcom. The only difference is that there is fighting that is supposed to look real in it. When the story is either non existent or not really funny its like watching an action movie as there is mostly fighting and not much comedy or anything else. The fights are the same anyway, in both Wrestling and Action Movies the fights are planned and the actors know who is going to win.

I really liked the comedy aspect of wrestling so the lack of stories makes it hard for me to watch, but still if they ever get good stories going again ill tune in. Also the terrorist wrestler made me laugh so hard, too bad the WWE gave in to protests. It could have been the Sargent Slaughter working for Iraq story line all over again and it would have been hilarious.

KDawgCometh
11-14-2005, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The only way to do this is to show them a few very good matches. It depends on the type of person they are. Usually some high flying stuff will work, sometimes if they're a UFC fan, something like Angle/Benoit will work (ie, technical work). You could also do a good street fight (HHH/HBK, perhaps HBK/Taker HIAC).

A well exectued match is a beautiful thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

whenever a non wrestling fan rags on it, I just pop in Kenta Kobashi matches. I love american wrestling, but nothing that I have seen in this country compares to some of his legendary matches.

Jack of Arcades
11-14-2005, 02:13 AM
Kobashi is amazing, but my favorite work will always be radicals+angle+jericho stuff.

KDawgCometh
11-14-2005, 02:13 AM
I just read the spoilers for tommorrow nights raw and friday's smackdown, all I can say is that these will be must watch episodes and you will want the tape in the vcr. Benoit gives a speech to remember and there will be an amazing video package that will not leave a dry eye for any fan. I'm not gonna say anymore then that, but just know that these episdoes need to be watched

daveymck
11-14-2005, 05:43 AM
I took the kids to see the WWE on the first big tour they did in the UK, when Eddie was the champion, for me he is a mid billing wrestler who stepped up to the plate to be champion when needed (I think even more so with JBL) due to injuries etc. MOst of the wrestlers that night never got out of 1st gear (non tv event) but he was definatley well up for it and seemed incredibley proud and happy to be champion and loving the moment. I hated the lie cheat steal stuff not ideal imho for a lot of the age group the wwe is followed by.

samjjones
11-14-2005, 10:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Human growth hormone/alcohol/cocaine/crystal meth/heroin/horse steroids is a helluva drug.

Just for the record, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a heart attack due to an enlarged heart or something like that. I do believe he was clean for quite some time.

vulturesrow
11-14-2005, 11:27 AM
Ill definitely be watching. Im not one for getting all broke up about the death of someone I didnt know, but I am regretting missing all his matches that hes done since I stopped following wrestling closely (about 3 years ago or so). The dude was just that good.

Vavavoom
11-14-2005, 03:23 PM
After viewing this website......

Shocked at :

Texas Tornado (Kerry Von Erich)

"Ravishing" Rick Rude

Disbelief as well about the others....
Andre The Giant
Elizabeth
Mr Perfect
Hawk
Big Boss Man
The British Bulldog...

I stopped watching wrestling in 1995 or so.....But wow, I really didn't know about any of these apart from Bulldog & Owen Hart...

samjjones
11-14-2005, 03:43 PM
FWIW, I was in a wrestling dead pool with two friends. Guerrero was the 1st pick in the second round. We started the pool in March. I mailed off my check this morning.

utmt40
11-14-2005, 06:01 PM
For those that didnt know wikipedia has Eddie's death listed as a massive heart attack. Link here. (http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Guerrero) See death.

samjjones
11-14-2005, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For those that didnt know wikipedia has Eddie's death listed as a massive heart attack. Link here. (http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Guerrero) See death.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes...because user-edited sites like Wikipedia and IMDB are always bastions for the absolute truth...

J/K, dude.

utmt40
11-14-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes...because user-edited sites like Wikipedia and IMDB are always bastions for the absolute truth...

J/K, dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my...

LesJ
11-14-2005, 06:32 PM
<<You didnt get what he was trying to say at all.>>
I was kinda wondering what I did or said wrong as well. Were my very simplistic comments concerning pro-wrestling that poorly contrived? I consider Voltron a respected poster, but I am not sure what he felt I should have done different. Maybe I should have just stuck to the stories I had heard regarding Eddie's untimely death and not even concerned myself with the ridiculous posters who used this as a venue to bash wrestling in general. I doubt there are ANY words that we could share here to get them to change their opinions.
Les

utmt40
11-14-2005, 06:37 PM
I would suggest to anyone who has ever been a fan of wrestling to tune in tonight and watch the tribute to Eddie and pay your respects to a great wrestling legend.

B Dids
11-14-2005, 07:08 PM
This really sucks.

Eddie was really amazing, and yeah- the casual wrestling fan doesn't know about him, but to the internet smarks he's probably the 2nd best there is right now.

Also, there's some stupid [censored] in this thread.

I didn't get pro wrestling until my best friend helped me understand, then I spent about 3 years being a huge fan until the WWE's programming drove me away. It's not something I expect other people to get, but at least appreciate that the fans understand it a little more than "GOSH WE THINK IT'S REAL".

4thstreetpete
11-14-2005, 09:41 PM
Raw is going to be great tonight. I can't wait, didn't read any of the spoilers but I have a good guess as to what will be on. Checked out the press conference and wrestling observer radio shows. Apparently they were doing a lot of work last night so this is a can't miss show.
I also heard they will be doing interpromotional matches from Raw and Smackdown. Should be a great show, sad under the circumstances though. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Eddie was one of my favourite wrestlers. I am glad I got to see some of his early matches and his work with the late Art Barr.

ozyman
11-14-2005, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would suggest to anyone who has ever been a fan of wrestling to tune in tonight and watch the tribute to Eddie and pay your respects to a great wrestling legend.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hadnt watched wrestling since Raw moved to TNN/Spike but Im tuning in. I got chills when the NIN/JOhnny Cash Closer came on.

mblax10
11-14-2005, 10:30 PM
So are Eddie Guerrero and Art Barr going to be pushed to win the tag belts up in wrestler's heaven? I hope so, how many times can the Von Erich's fued with Owen Hart & Yokozuna or Owen Hart & Davey Boy Smith?

11-14-2005, 10:53 PM
I didn't read very many of the posts, but I'm sure once the toxicology comes back there will be a high amount of cocaine present in his body. I think I heard it was a massive heart attack and for an athlete of his type he probably just ODed and had a heart attack.

utmt40
11-14-2005, 10:56 PM
WWE is doing a great job tonight paying their respects to Eddie!

4thstreetpete
11-14-2005, 10:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I had mixed feelings when they did the tribute show the night after owen died. Seemed like a lot of people were still shocked that he died in the ring.
Tonight's a great tribute and everyone is working their butt off.

chucksim
11-14-2005, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I haven't watched wrestling since the demise of ECW, but this is a good show, both with the tributes and the wrestling. Having Joey Styles do play by play is helping quite a bit as well. Is he permanent on this show?

Lazymeatball
11-14-2005, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got chills when the NIN/JOhnny Cash Closer came on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did Cash do any other NIN covers besides "Hurt" that I'm not aware of? Cuz that would be awesome, I'd listen to a whole album of that.

4thstreetpete
11-14-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I haven't watched wrestling since the demise of ECW, but this is a good show, both with the tributes and the wrestling. Having Joey Styles do play by play is helping quite a bit as well. Is he permanent on this show?

[/ QUOTE ]

as of now he will be the regular play by play guy for raw. They did have plans to have coach and mark goldberg from UFC to do play by play but that has been scratched.

4thstreetpete
11-14-2005, 11:18 PM
Haha! I just want to say I love Maria! She just cracks me up /images/graemlins/grin.gif I wuv her.

utmt40
11-14-2005, 11:24 PM
I think I am going to go online and buy me one of the "I'm your Papi!" shirts.

KingCon
11-14-2005, 11:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it me or did it look like HHH was acting during his 'tribute'?

utmt40
11-14-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it me or did it look like HHH was acting during his 'tribute'?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, just you.

Dopey
11-15-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the WWE is doing a great job as well. The only problem I've had is the constant references to his "Lie, Cheat, Steal" motto. It was a great angle but it's constant mention leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It is mainly the annoucer references that bother me as I think HHH did reference it in a decent way saying he stole their hearts [although even then a "Lie, Cheat, Steal reference wasn't necessary]
People who are just casual fans won't nessecarily understand the reference and more focus should be put on the positives of him as a person and a performer.

[ QUOTE ]

I didn't read very many of the posts, but I'm sure once the toxicology comes back there will be a high amount of cocaine present in his body. I think I heard it was a massive heart attack and for an athlete of his type he probably just ODed and had a heart attack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Str8 Baller, unless you have specific knowledge to back up your point don't be an [censored] and make acqusations. Eddie Guerrero had just celebrated being clean for 4 years and until proven otherwise deserves the benefit of the doubt. That is not to say his past didn't play a roll in his death because of the toll it took on his body but to say your sure he OD'd is very disrespectful. 2+2 isn't always a respectful place but the man has died, if your going to troll please do so elsewhere.

Dopey /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

vulturesrow
11-15-2005, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The individual wrestlers are but I am a little pissed that they keep pushing the whole Lie Cheat Steal thing so hard and that are showing some really crappy bits from Eddie's career. The septic truck bit is a good example of what I am talking about.

utmt40
11-15-2005, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Str8 Baller, unless you have specific knowledge to back up your point don't be an [censored] and make acqusations. Eddie Guerrero had just celebrated being clean for 4 years and until proven otherwise deserves the benefit of the doubt. That is not to say his past didn't play a roll in his death because of the toll it took on his body but to say your sure he OD'd is very disrespectful. 2+2 isn't always a respectful place but the man has died, if your going to troll please do so elsewhere.

Dopey /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah really man you shouldnt talk till you know the truth. Eddie was a good man and if you want to talk crap about a man that is dead then you can kiss my ass!

KDawgCometh
11-15-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I cried three times tonight. Everything is very genuine. Chris Benoit's camera time was the roughest as was Chavo's. Tonight was very rough for me. RIP Eddie

utmt40
11-15-2005, 01:26 PM
I think it was rough for everyone. Eddie will be missed. I think you can see him in the Hall of Fame within the next few years. Friday night Smackdown should be good as well.

vulturesrow
11-15-2005, 01:28 PM
BTW, if anyone taped the show, please PM me as I would like to obtain a copy.

kyro
11-15-2005, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah really man you shouldnt talk till you know the truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Eddie was a good man

[/ QUOTE ]

How the [censored] do you know? Were you guys good buddies? If you don't want other people having an opinion of him, then shut your own mouth.

utmt40
11-15-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How the [censored] do you know? Were you guys good buddies? If you don't want other people having an opinion of him, then shut your own mouth.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I wasnt good buddies with him but I have watched wrestling since I was a kid and I know he was a good person. If this is some lame attempt to look cool on a message board you have failed. Have a nice day!

kipin
11-15-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I downloaded both the tribute and the RAW performance, I can rehost if there is enough interest.

IndieMatty
11-15-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I downloaded both the tribute and the RAW performance, I can rehost if there is enough interest.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/heart.gif

utmt40
11-15-2005, 03:53 PM
WWE.com has released information about the cause of death and you can find it here. (http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/causeofdeath)

IndieMatty
11-15-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WWE.com has released information about the cause of death and you can find it here. (http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/causeofdeath)

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/frown.gif Heart failure makes sense, its all those steroids. remember how jacked he would look one week on nitro, and then small 2 weeks later? so sad.

kyro
11-15-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I wasnt good buddies with him but I have watched wrestling since I was a kid and I know he was a good person. If this is some lame attempt to look cool on a message board you have failed. Have a nice day!

[/ QUOTE ]

How was I trying to look cool? I don't have a problem with wrestling. I've watched it before...even paid a cover charge at a sports joint to watch Raw with friends. My point was, you attacked someone who voiced an opinion based on prior facts (he used to be a drug an alcohol junkie). You said he shouldn't talk because he didn't know the guy, and here you are claiming that you KNOW he was a good person. You're just being stupid.

Soul Daddy
11-15-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/frown.gif Heart failure makes sense, its all those steroids. remember how jacked he would look one week on nitro, and then small 2 weeks later? so sad.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I really think he was the poster boy for steroids. I can't come up with anyone who put on more mass.

sublime
11-15-2005, 04:21 PM
but I have watched wrestling since I was a kid and I know he was a good person.

lolololololololololloololol

utmt40
11-15-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How was I trying to look cool? I don't have a problem with wrestling. I've watched it before...even paid a cover charge at a sports joint to watch Raw with friends. My point was, you attacked someone who voiced an opinion based on prior facts (he used to be a drug an alcohol junkie). You said he shouldn't talk because he didn't know the guy, and here you are claiming that you KNOW he was a good person. You're just being stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're the one who is being silly here. The guy was claiming that he was a drugie right now but the FACT is he was clean for the last 4 years. Thats what I was saying. Have a nice day!

kyro
11-15-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're the one who is being silly here. The guy was claiming that he was a drugie right now but the FACT is he was clean for the last 4 years. Thats what I was saying. Have a nice day!

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's not. I know you're doing your damndest to cover up your idiotic remarks but you're failing miserably. If it's not too late, maybe you can go edit/delete them before they're forever cemented as further idiocy from supposedly intelligent poker players.

RacersEdge
11-15-2005, 05:08 PM
His motto was "lie, cheat , steal"?

Who says wrestling has no class?

utmt40
11-15-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's not. I know you're doing your damndest to cover up your idiotic remarks but you're failing miserably. If it's not too late, maybe you can go edit/delete them before they're forever cemented as further idiocy from supposedly intelligent poker players.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a loser. Get a life man.

B Dids
11-15-2005, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but I have watched wrestling since I was a kid and I know he was a good person.

lolololololololololloololol

[/ QUOTE ]

I like you sublime, but you're needlessly being a dick here.

astroglide
11-15-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's not something I expect other people to get, but at least appreciate that the fans understand it a little more than "GOSH WE THINK IT'S REAL"

[/ QUOTE ]

an excellent quote (and i'm not a wrestling fan)

11-16-2005, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

probably the same as Brian Pillman and Louie Spicolli, pain killers mixed with alcohol. This sucks he was awesome and only getting better.

B Dids
11-16-2005, 01:31 AM
Now that we actually know what it is, and don't have to jump to conclusions, could we stop?

Couldn't we just agree that it's sad when talented people die, regardless of how many poor choices they may or may not have made?

utmt40
11-16-2005, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Now that we actually know what it is, and don't have to jump to conclusions, could we stop?

Couldn't we just agree that it's sad when talented people die, regardless of how many poor choices they may or may not have made?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Dids.

11-16-2005, 05:01 PM
Is Yokazuna that fat guy that used to teabag guys in the corner?

B Dids
11-16-2005, 05:07 PM
I believe you're thinking of Rikishi

11-16-2005, 05:15 PM
The fat guy in the diaper that used to slap his balls off of guys' chins?