PDA

View Full Version : 50K Freeroll at Nordicbet

villafan
11-13-2005, 12:48 PM
For those interested, there is a 50K freeroll at Nordicbet (one of the Prima skins) starting in about one and a half hour. First place gets $11,750 while the 130th place price is $50.

Synergistic Explosions
11-13-2005, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the heads up. If I win I will of course give you a cut.

Good luck.

Freudian
11-13-2005, 01:06 PM
Now I know you posted this to be nice but doing -EV stuff is stupid. Why on earth would you want a bunch of 2+2ers rushing to enter a freeroll you yourself will play in.

Loose lips sink ships.

Synergistic Explosions
11-13-2005, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now I know you posted this to be nice but doing -EV stuff is stupid. Why on earth would you want a bunch of 2+2ers rushing to enter a freeroll you yourself will play in.

Loose lips sink ships.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I had overlooked this free roll I would give him a cut if I hit the final table. So it could be +EV for him.

With 15,000 players entered, telling a few more doesn't really matter anyways.

GrannyMae
11-13-2005, 01:16 PM
With 15,000 players entered

is this accurate, or a guess?

Synergistic Explosions
11-13-2005, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

11,200 entered right now. I figure it will go up a bit before it starts.

villafan
11-13-2005, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Loose lips sink ships.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont really care too much for the freeroll myself. But I thought it would be nice info for some players that play freerools and want to build a bankroll.

I am registered for the tournay, but will probably try to gamboool early on to get a stack or bust out.

GrannyMae
11-13-2005, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

11,200 entered right now. I figure it will go up a bit before it starts.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm IN. y not?
(if i am still awake)

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/_950/deepsleep.gif

Freudian
11-13-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont really care too much for the freeroll myself. But I thought it would be nice info for some players that play freerools and want to build a bankroll.

I am registered for the tournay, but will probably try to gamboool early on to get a stack or bust out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker is about being selfish and stuff like this is a litmus test. I'm fine with sharing bonuses with people here since it doesn't affect me but to tell others about juicy freerolls and tourneys with nice overlay is stupid.

Now it's not like you ruined this tourney for me or anyone else since it will be a mostly crapshoot but I can guarantee that there are many posters here that knew about it and didn't make a post about it. It's because any -EV decision we make is a leak.

Synergistic Explosions
11-13-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker is about being selfish and stuff like this is a litmus test. I'm fine with sharing bonuses with people here since it doesn't affect me but to tell others about juicy freerolls and tourneys with nice overlay is stupid.

Now it's not like you ruined this tourney for me or anyone else since it will be a mostly crapshoot but I can guarantee that there are many posters here that knew about it and didn't make a post about it. It's because any -EV decision we make is a leak.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could be right. I suggest in the future people just PM the tourney and I'll give them the 10% finders fee when I make the final table. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

villafan
11-13-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if you are joking, but if you are I must say: Good one.

If you are not joking, I must say I'm sorry for lowering your EV with maybe $0.05.

Synergistic Explosions
11-13-2005, 02:00 PM
He is right in some cases. I have found 3k daily free rolls in the past with 50 people entering in the beginning. I have found daily 2k's with only 35 or so entering in the beginning. To post awareness of those here would have been extremely -EV for me.

But for a tourney with 12k entered, it's not that -EV, plus it's only a one off tourney.

11-13-2005, 02:01 PM
Did I miss it? Its downloading right now.

Synergistic Explosions
11-13-2005, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did I miss it? Its downloading right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

They just capped it at 12k players. It's full.

theblitz
11-13-2005, 02:06 PM
Grrr.
Tourney is full!!!!

Freudian
11-13-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if you are joking, but if you are I must say: Good one.

If you are not joking, I must say I'm sorry for lowering your EV with maybe $0.05.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am certainly not joking. You failed the litmus test.

GrannyMae
11-13-2005, 04:03 PM
u still alive at the break?

Synergistic Explosions
11-13-2005, 05:32 PM
Naw, I flopped a set of Aces but lost to broadway.

You?

Freudian
11-13-2005, 05:33 PM
Nope. Someone called my 10xBB push with KQo. Must have been one of them 2+2ers. Waded through 10000 or so. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

GrannyMae
11-15-2005, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You?

[/ QUOTE ]

i sadly made it through 11,670-ish players and made a horrible call while in 26th place (or something) and busted to the chip loeader.

OYE

Synergistic Explosions
11-15-2005, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You?

[/ QUOTE ]

i sadly made it through 11,670-ish players and made a horrible call while in 26th place (or something) and busted to the chip loeader.

OYE

[/ QUOTE ]

That's still pretty dang good for a 90 year old lady!

You should be proud of yourself. Most women your age are playing bingo in a half dazed state.

Cya in St. Kitts /images/graemlins/grin.gif