PDA

View Full Version : 6M: A6o - inducing a bluff

numeri
11-13-2005, 12:43 PM
This might be standard. Villain here is ridiculously loose - something like 80% VP$IP - and passive. He also plays very oddly postflop. A couple hands ago, he donk bet the 3rd flush card on the river with only a pair, and called my raise. With that in mind, is this standard?

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.fourthnut.com/cgi-bin/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero checks.

<font color="blue">My reasoning here is that I don't want to get check/raised. My hand is good, but a c/r would really suck here. Is it OK to check behind?</font>

River: (4.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB

2+2 wannabe
11-13-2005, 12:53 PM
I like

Bill Lumberg
11-13-2005, 12:53 PM
A c/r wouldn't suck as much as giving a free card to a player that could have anything. If raised, call down.

2+2 wannabe
11-13-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A c/r wouldn't suck as much as giving a free card to a player that could have anything. If raised, call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're not really afraid of a free card here

hizo1
11-13-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree. if you bet you're folding hands that you beat and getting check-raised by hands that beat you. Inducing a bluff here is by far the best play.

11-13-2005, 01:04 PM
I think this is good vs laggy players but not so much vs your opponent. Given your read though, perhaps raise the river.

Vote4Pedro
11-13-2005, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain here is ridiculously loose - something like 80% VP$IP - and passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually save this one for the more "aggro" crowd, I dont know if this guy is even capable of C/Ring. Against someone this bad, just value-bet his ass off(even w/ 6high), and drop it to any further aggression

numeri
11-13-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually save this one for the more "aggro" crowd, I dont know if this guy is even capable of C/Ring. Against someone this bad, just value-bet his ass off(even w/ 6high), and drop it to any further aggression

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I was torn. I had that recent hand in mind, so I felt I could trust him to bluff the river, but I thought I might have missed out on an extra BB on the turn.

At that point, I only had 26 hands. Since I wasn't sure if villain would bluff C/R, does it make this play any better?

benkath1
11-13-2005, 01:14 PM
nh

I tried to find anothre way to play this, but couldn't. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Vote4Pedro
11-13-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At that point, I only had 26 hands. Since I wasn't sure if villain would bluff C/R, does it make this play any better?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, your sample-size is meaningless, but after a few orbits, you can usually pick these(&gt;60% vpip loose/passives) guys out pretty easily. I'd still bet and happily fold to a C/R

Bill Lumberg
11-13-2005, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree. if you bet you're folding hands that you beat and getting check-raised by hands that beat you. Inducing a bluff here is by far the best play.

[/ QUOTE ]

OOPS, you're right. Misread. NH

Mathieu
11-13-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Against this villain I bet/fold. In my mind he may make some strange bets, but his raises will usually mean business. So there is very little risk of being bluffed out.

Also since he is ridiculously loose he will call you down often. So this is a clear bet IMO.