PDA

View Full Version : Trade Stocks for free for 30 days on TDWaterhouse?

KaneKungFu123
11-13-2005, 12:16 PM
i think i read on their site somewhere that when you open account you can trade stocks for free for 30 days, is this correct? are there any catches or limits?

Sniper
11-13-2005, 01:17 PM
TDwaterhouse runs that special from time to time... read the fine print of the offer, I believe there is a decent sized limit to the number of free trades.

You should be aware that TDWaterhouse is merging with Ameritrade... the deal is expected to close in early 2006 pending regulatory approval. Accounts are expected to remain seperate till at least late 2006, when they might make an effort to more tightly integrate their products.

Don't forget to signup thru an afffiliate for commissin rakeback... j/k /images/graemlins/wink.gif

11-13-2005, 02:32 PM
sniper is right but it depends what you are looking for, if your looking for a info and what not to do research they are ok(tho you can get it from other sites online for free) if your doing it to get cheap trades, i wouldn't as once your month is over your paying 12-18, also the wait times at the large brokers when you call have long wait times.....the broker i use has no specials and no research through them but i'm paying 4.75 a trade and for someone that doesn't trade much it would 6.95, thing i like most about them is they answer the phone on the first ring everytime, even during peak mkt hours...so all in all i would go with one of the smaller botique firms if they offer lower commissions than the majors

KaneKungFu123
11-13-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sniper is right but it depends what you are looking for, if your looking for a info and what not to do research they are ok(tho you can get it from other sites online for free) if your doing it to get cheap trades, i wouldn't as once your month is over your paying 12-18, also the wait times at the large brokers when you call have long wait times.....the broker i use has no specials and no research through them but i'm paying 4.75 a trade and for someone that doesn't trade much it would 6.95, thing i like most about them is they answer the phone on the first ring everytime, even during peak mkt hours...so all in all i would go with one of the smaller botique firms if they offer lower commissions than the majors

[/ QUOTE ]

is your money safe there? i like TDwater cause i dont have to worry about getting robbed.

11-13-2005, 06:02 PM
your money is pretty much safe at any broker that is a SIPC member (http://www.sipc.org/), pretty much like FDIC for banks