PDA

View Full Version : Line I see in Mid High once in a while...

krishanleong
11-13-2005, 11:44 AM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (2.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (4.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB

Too bad I don't know when I'm suppose to implement it. Villian is your average 40/20.

Krishan

Spicymoose
11-13-2005, 11:47 AM
Seems ok. I'm guessing that the reasoning behind this is that you don't want to get bluffed off your best hand on the turn, while also wanting to induce a bluff from his worse hand. On the river, you don't want him to check behind, being scared that you called his turn bet, and since your play seems weird, he would almost never raise you with a worse hand.

Danenania
11-13-2005, 12:05 PM
I use this one somewhat regularly. The only disadvantage I've found is that it seems to elicit more bluff raises than usual, so you should be a bit wary about bet/folding. This is balanced though by the ridiculous stuff people will bet the turn/call the river with.

DMBFan23
11-13-2005, 12:27 PM
I use it sometimes as well and it elicits 77 calldowns (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=headsup&amp;Number=3797229&amp;Sea rchpage=1&amp;Main=3797229&amp;Words=-Re%3A+DMBFan23&amp;topic=&amp;Search=true#Post3797229)

TStoneMBD
11-13-2005, 01:04 PM
what worse hands call the river donkbet after youve checkcalled the turn? seems like there isnt much value in betting. and i really hate taking these lines because they basically put a sticker on your forehead that says "BLUFFRAISE ME ILL FOLD!"

Danenania
11-13-2005, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what worse hands call the river donkbet after youve checkcalled the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pairs and any other made hands without clubs. They won't always call but they certainly wouldn't bet if you checked to them so that makes leading good. You are right about the bluff raise problem though. I think this line is only good against predictable players who don't bluff raise or players whose raise you could easily call.

imported_PP123
11-13-2005, 02:43 PM
There's a very similar situation to this where it, IMO, is correct to check a weak made flush to induce a bluff bet from your opponent. Using your hand I made up an example. Do you guys (and girls) agree with this play?:

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: (2 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (2 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (2 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 4 BB

Surfbullet
11-13-2005, 07:18 PM
I like the line but agree that being bluffraised is a concern, so I would use it against players I have a good read on.

I like PP123's example hand...I think that's a great place to induce a bluff against aggressive players...small pot, free card won't hurt you, in position. Good example.

Surf

ghostface
11-13-2005, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There's a very similar situation to this where it, IMO, is correct to check a weak made flush to induce a bluff bet from your opponent. Using your hand I made up an example. Do you guys (and girls) agree with this play?:

<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: (2 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (2 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (2 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 4 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise preflop.

Schizo
11-14-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this line is only good against predictable players who don't bluff raise or players whose raise you could easily call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing this was a general statement, but are there any players that could possibly make a raise here easy to call? I doubt it.