PDA

View Full Version : Dealer's choice question

punter11235
11-13-2005, 10:31 AM
Hello,

I am going to play live 10$/10$ dealers choice game. The games are : PLO, PLO/8, PLHE, PLStud and PLStud/8.
My regular game is 5/10NLHE 6max I play 1k and 2kPLO quite often too. I dont know a thing about stud (Ive read Ciaffone's potlimit & nolimit poker but never played it).
Competition will be rather soft and all the players will have some experience in PLHE , less in PLO and PLO/8 and probably they wont know a thing abou stud and stud/8 like me.
What's my best choice ? Which game give me the most advantage while on the button ?

Best wishes

CurryLover
11-13-2005, 02:44 PM
Since position at the stud games is dependent on the upcards that are showing, you surrender the advantage of the button when you choose stud/stud8. PLO is very
positional and gives a big advantage to the button. This is even more the case with PLO8.

So, choose either PLO or PLO8, and try to persuade the player on your right to choose a stud game...

randomstumbl
11-13-2005, 03:53 PM
I think hold'em and PLO have the biggest positional advantage.

PLO/8 has less of a positonal advantage because so many hands will go to a showdown.

Obviously, picking stud or stud/8 is a mistake unless you are much better than the competition at those games.