PDA

View Full Version : AJs 1

11-13-2005, 08:54 AM
Villain 34/18/2.4

Party Poker 10.00/20.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (5.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB.

Spicymoose
11-13-2005, 08:57 AM
I think its fine. Normally I follow through with a turn bet, but given that the turn puts just about every draw ahead of you, I like taking a free card.

spydog
11-13-2005, 09:02 AM
Flop raise is no good. Someone this aggressive will 3-bet often and lead turn. Basically, you are raising to get free card against aggressive player? Not good. Just call the flop. I would raise most overcard heart turns if I had called the flop.

Your turn check/river fold is fine since you raised the flop.

Spicymoose
11-13-2005, 09:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop raise is no good. Someone this aggressive will 3-bet often and lead turn. Basically, you are raising to get free card against aggressive player? Not good. Just call the flop. I would raise most overcard heart turns if I had called the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts were that our villain could be betting with a draw or some other non pair trash. Normally I raise the flop, bet the river, and check the river UI (and drag the pot often enough). I don't think we need the flush draw for our overcards to have strength here.

spydog
11-13-2005, 09:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts were that our villain could be betting with a draw or some other non pair trash. Normally I raise the flop, bet the river, and check the river UI (and drag the pot often enough). I don't think we need the flush draw for our overcards to have strength here.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do yo do when he 3-bets the flop and leads the turn (assuming the turn isn't a heart)?

Spicymoose
11-13-2005, 10:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do yo do when he 3-bets the flop and leads the turn (assuming the turn isn't a heart)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold. He might occasionally do this with his open ender, which would suck, but you gotta remember he has 14 outs anyway, owns a significant share of the pot when he does this. Plenty of time he either won't have an open ender, or won't play his open ender like this, so we don't face this problem that often.