PDA

View Full Version : TT, Did I play right here?

igbr1
11-13-2005, 07:31 AM
Party Poker 1.00/2.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (9.00 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB.

11-13-2005, 07:37 AM
with no reads 3bet preflop, the hand plays differently after that.

but you simply cant call his flop raise then lay down on the turn because its counterintuitive. you didnt have the odds to draw at the 2 out T, generally you are going to be UI on the turn. calling his raise then c/f the turn is simply donating an extra SB to his stack.

Either call all the way down if he is extra LAGGY, or simply let the hand go and fold it on the flop.

Edit: sorry misread didnt realise you were in sb. had to change it all.

Schwartzy61
11-13-2005, 07:50 AM
I would 3-bet preflop, which changes the dynamic of the hand.

If after a 3-bet I still get raised on the flop I can assume I am probably beat and should now play as if behind which may mean folding the flop (would obviously depend on the pot size drawing to two outs)...

11-13-2005, 08:24 AM
I don't think betting the flop is very effective. Since he was the preflop aggressor, he's very likely to be the flop, so a checkraise is more in order I think. Also, if I was the button in this hand, I wouldn't see the flop bet as a sign of strength at all, since any great hand would either checkraise the flop or bet/checkraise the turn instead. Either you have to checkraise or three-bet the flop, and go from there, as it will probably change the outcome of the hand.

There's just no way for you to know if you are beat now, he could just as likely have AK/AQ as a big pocketpair or a J. Checkraise or threebet will give you much more information.

2+2 wannabe
11-13-2005, 08:25 AM
donking the flop is pretty bad - you'll almost certainly get a button auto-bet, and you can raise to knock out the field

you should 3-bet pf for sure though (unless villain is super passive)

Bill Lumberg
11-13-2005, 11:45 AM
Check and if it's checked to button and he bets, check-raise.

jrz1972
11-13-2005, 12:19 PM
1. 3-bet preflop. This would have solved a lot of your problems.

2. Given that you just called preflop, you need to check-raise the flop. This does a better job of protecting your hand if you're ahead and will help define villain's hand. When you lead the flop, villain will often raise with all sorts of stuff you're beating (like AK or 99), or he could have you crushed. You managed to maneuver yourself into a position where you have to guess whether to continue with the hand and if so how. That's your own fault for misplaying earlier.

11-13-2005, 12:22 PM
Just trying to get some clarification.

By 3betting Preflop (I agree) what changes in play are you hoping for.

PF - 3bet
Flop - Lead maybe get UTG+1 and MP3 to fold first pass thereby getting it HU with Button.
If raised by Button call planning to Chk/Fold UI turn
If called by Button plan on Leading Turn if blank