PDA

View Full Version : MTT Hand

PokerChamp22
11-13-2005, 07:18 AM
Table has been pretty aggressive, 1 player in particular has been overly aggressive and rarely folds. I limp with JJ early and look to reraise (10/20 blinds).

Couple of other limpers and Villian (Loose guy) raises to 70 with a caller back to me. I'm fairly confident I have the best hand, Villian is sitting on about 1800, myself 800, pot is around 200.

What's your move?? Allin reraise? Reraise 200-250?

whiskeytown
11-13-2005, 08:15 AM
I don't like limp/reraises with JJ - not generally - I'd rather see a cheap flop cause if an A/K/Q comes, and it will 50% of the time, there's an excellent chance I don't have the best hand.

On a table full of aggressive donks as you describle - 90% raise and 10% call is where I'd probably put it - and that call is cool when you got guys that will bet out any flop they raised - if nothing higher then a J comes, then you can get a nice reraise in there.

But preflop - limp/reraise....I just don't think it's that strong - esp. UTG. but I've had a [censored] run this year, so what do I know - probably could use some real advice from a real poker player.

This sounds bad, and goes against every standard 2+2 axiom, but in EP, with JJ - I'll let him raise and check the flop and if he puts out a decent sized bet and the flop doesn't look helpful to him, I call. 9 times out of 10 he slows down and I can get a strong bet in on the turn or river to get him out of there.

RB