PDA

View Full Version : whats wrong with you people??

Muck off
11-13-2005, 04:56 AM
If i read one more post about where can i play poker on my trip to the most beautiful places on earth im gonna punch my screen and kick my dog....Poker in puerto rico???? go to the beach, go to the bars, see what the island has to offer, why waste it in a damn poker room that you can go to anywhere...im not to sure but i bet the options for texas holdem in friggin latvia are pretty godamn slim..jesus christ people get out a little more. your not in hawaii to find the loosest 6-12 game, your there to get beat up by samoans like the rest of the tourists...

Photoc
11-13-2005, 04:58 AM
You lost all credibility with:
[ QUOTE ]
jesus christ people get out a little more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks who's sitting on a computer crying about other people on a computer that want to play poker. Sir, you are a NIT and need a life.

Howard Burroughs
11-13-2005, 05:04 AM
And as Mason Malmuth once said, "Poker's not just a game, it's a lifestyle".

GoblinMason (Craig)
11-13-2005, 05:39 AM
https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/cmason/www/whambulance.jpg

Muck off
11-13-2005, 05:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks who's sitting on a computer crying about other people on a computer that want to play poker. Sir, you are a NIT and need a life.

[/ QUOTE ]yeah im home, not in puerto rico...thats a bit different.

henrikrh
11-13-2005, 07:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]yeah im home, not in puerto rico...thats a bit different.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's not. Your location says San Fransisco. Hell, if I were in San Fran I would be seeing all the sights and living it up, not sitting in some internet cafe reading 2+2. How you view San Fran is different to how I view it. It's not too much of a stretch then to imagine that other people do not see Puerto Rico in the same way that you do, no?

Also, some people would rather be at a poker table than at a beach, once again relative, subjective.

whiskeytown
11-13-2005, 07:57 AM
I use poker as an excuse to travel - I'm sure I'd never have just GONE to Vegas or NYC just to see the place.

But with poker and poker contacts, I could go, settle down and see the town, play cards, and then sightsee all day - I was going to do it with New Orleans this winter though between budgeting and Katrina that is history.

RB

11-13-2005, 12:02 PM
It may have escaped your attention but for many people poker is a leisure activity. I dunno what you think odd about people pursuing a leisure activity on vacation? Sure I'd think it odd if someone went to Puerto Rico for a fortnight and only played poker. But for a few hours as part of a vacation you're being awfully judgemental.

Also rememeber that people like you and I are fortunate living in the Bay Area where there is lots of live poker. Many people have no legal live poker within a sensible distance of where they live.

StevieG
11-13-2005, 01:12 PM
That's like saying that someone who goes to Vegas to gamble should not bother seeing any shows.

There's room for more than one kind of good in your goods basket.

TakeMeToTheRiver
11-13-2005, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's like saying that someone who goes to Vegas to gamble should not bother seeing any shows.

There's room for more than one kind of good in your goods basket.

[/ QUOTE ]

You gamble in Vegas??? With all of those great shows, warm weather and beautiful girls??? How can you do that? I think I am going to punch OP's screen and kick his dog!

11-13-2005, 02:11 PM
disagree. if one is on a lengthy vacation. 7 days or more, i see zero problem in finding a local card room. also, depending on the person, even if they are their for a short while, it may be ok. i was in costa rica for a couple of weeks. went white water rafting, zip lined through jungle, hiked semi jungle, jumped over waterfalls, beached it hard, drank and took columbian sleigh rides, and also found time for three hardcore sessions at the san jose radisson. even played a $100 nlh trnmnt that umberto brenes showed up at.

Al_Capone_Junior
11-13-2005, 02:58 PM
Excellent point.

Next time I go to Jamaica (again) all I want is a hooter the size of my thumb at dawn (just for myself /images/graemlins/grin.gif) and a lounge chair by the pool with some reggae music, lobster for breakfast, and a guinness to wash it all down, not a couple stacks of friggin' red chips and the sound of slot machines.

al

11-13-2005, 08:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
go to the beach, go to the bars,

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, because living in Lake George, NY I've never seen a beach or a bar but a poker room - well that's just an every day occurence.

11-13-2005, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
disagree. if one is on a lengthy vacation. 7 days or more, i see zero problem in finding a local card room. also, depending on the person, even if they are their for a short while, it may be ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it is ok no matter where I go. It's my vacation and I can spend it however I like. I'm MUCH rather play poker than spend time at the beach - any day.

I hate how some people generalize and judge on here. You would think that, as poker players, we'd have a strong ability to see situations from other people's viewpoints. But I guess that doesn't translate to this forum. Oh well.