PDA

View Full Version : Borgata........ 2/5 NL hands.....

snowbank
11-13-2005, 03:59 AM
Hand # 1:

I just sat down. This is probably my 3rd or 4th hand. I pick up QQ. I'm in late position. UTG raised to $10. 3 callers when it gets to me. I make it $35 and get 3 callers. Flop is J-10-3, 2 diamonds. BB(Middle aged lady who from watching for a few minutes while waiting for the blinds to come around seems like she likes action and plays a lot, but I don't have a read on her yet.) bets $100 and it's folded around to me. We both have around $400. What's your move?

Hand #2:

I've been raising a decent amount of hands the last 20 minutes or so trying to get a loose image. I'm in seat 1 and pick up KK 10 handed in early position. I raise to $20. Seat 3 makes it $75. He's a young player my age who's been seeing a lot of flops with me, and is a very good player. A few minutes earlier I bluffed a decent sized pot off of him on the river and showed to help my table image. This is the only time he's re-raised pre-flop. Been playing with him about an hour. I have about $900, he's got maybe $450. I just call. Flop comes Q-8-3 rainbow. He bets $125. I think for a minute and fold my Kings face up. Do you like this fold, or no?

Hand #3:

I'm in the BB with K8s. Six players to the flop. Flop is J-8-7 rainbow. SB checks and I bet $15. 2 callers. Turn is a K. I bet $45.(I still have a relatively loose image, maybe even reckless) One fold, and one caller. Caller hasn't been in a lot of hands, and is a younger player who seems pretty solid. River is a 7. I check. He makes it $100. What's your move?

ryanghall
11-13-2005, 04:22 AM
1) Reraise more preflop. As played, I'd probably go all-in.
2) I like it.
3) Why bet this flop? Based on your image and the odds you're getting, it looks like you have to call the river, but you shouldn't be happy about it.

AdamBragar
11-13-2005, 04:26 AM
Hand 1: your preflop reraise is too small. I'd raise it to 50 minimum, closer to 100 most times. On the flop, just shove it in. You'll get called by so many terrible hands.

Hand 2: Reraise preflop, I'm not sure I could fold preflop.

Hand 3: I fold here. Not many hands that could really be bluffing here and not too many hands that you will beat.

By the way, all this advice is 2/5 NL Borgata specific. What's the max buy in now? Still 500?

Limpfold
11-13-2005, 05:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A few minutes earlier I bluffed a decent sized pot off of him on the river and showed to help my table image. This is the only time he's re-raised pre-flop. Been playing with him about an hour. I have about $900, he's got maybe $450. I just call. Flop comes Q-8-3 rainbow. He bets $125. I think for a minute and fold my Kings face up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you fold your kings faceup if you show bluffs to help your tableimage?

BobboFitos
11-13-2005, 05:14 AM
I dont really like / agree with the advice you've gotten so far.

#1 definately reraise more pf. That (whomever said in the thread) is a given. Now that it's your turn to act, I'd push. Seems pretty routine.

#2 I think this fold is not good, but folding it face up is bad. Fold can be argued either way, I guess, but I dont like it, esp. live. Still thinking about this one.

#3 Obviously you pay off, but flop and turn is convoluted. Do you often fire half pot bets with mid pair into a multiway pot on a middle coordinated board?

ryanghall
11-13-2005, 05:16 AM
I should have added that I certainly don't fold this face up.

Ryan

11-13-2005, 07:15 AM
1) My default for older women players around those stakes (the type who are obviously playing for the social aspect) are calling station. I'd put her on AJ and push.
2) I guess you put him squarely on AA. I don't know about QQ fast playing like that against a lag. Do you think he'd play AA like that or try to get a bluff out of you by checking behind on the flop? Pretty dry board so a check behind with AA isn't that dangerous for him.

snowbank
11-13-2005, 01:37 PM
By the way, all this advice is 2/5 NL Borgata specific. What's the max buy in now? Still 500?

Yes, $500.

snowbank
11-14-2005, 05:47 AM
Hand #1:

I push. She calls with J-8 of diamonds and hits her flush on the river. Down $400 to start the day. Excellent /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hand #2:

I wish I had re-raised pre-flop, but that's over with. My thought process when the flop came was that he could have hit his set of Q's or has Aces and has me either way. The only hand I really beat is J's. Maybe 10's if he was really trying to bully me pre-flop because of my aggressive style against him the previous few hands. We got to talking a few minutes after the hand. I said, "I made a bad laydown there with those Kings didn't I?" He told me I did, and that he had had Jacks.

After him telling he had Jacks, I'm really disappointed in my fold. The reason is this: He is a very good player. With AA or QQ on that board there is no way he comes out firing $125 with a set of Q's or pocket Aces. He'd want to keep me in the hand and probably check it, or throw out a smaller bet hoping I either raise or he gets me more committed for a bigger turn and river bet. Betting $125 I should have known he was protecting a weaker hand. Agree or disagree with my thought process both before I knew what he had, and after I knew what he had?

Hand #3:

Anyone bet the river here? I'm thinking maybe I should have made a bet to prevent a bet like this, but then of course I'm in the same situation if I get raised here. I said to him, "will you show if I fold?" He said yes and maybe I should have called just because of that. I folded and he showed me Q-10 for a missed draw. I'm real disappointed in this fold as well. If he made his straight I think I would have seen a turn raise, and unless he had 9-7 or 10-7 I think I beat anything else

snowbank
11-14-2005, 06:18 AM
Hand #1:

I push. She calls with J-8 of diamonds and hits her flush on the river. Down $400 to start the day. Excellent /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hand #2:

I wish I had re-raised pre-flop, but that's over with. My thought process when the flop came was that he could have hit his set of Q's or has Aces and has me either way. The only hand I really beat is J's. Maybe 10's if he was really trying to bully me pre-flop because of my aggressive style against him the previous few hands. We got to talking a few minutes after the hand. I said, "I made a bad laydown there with those Kings didn't I?" He told me I did, and that he had had Jacks.

After him telling he had Jacks, I'm really disappointed in my fold. The reason is this: He is a very good player. With AA or QQ on that board there is no way he comes out firing $125 with a set of Q's or pocket Aces. He'd want to keep me in the hand and probably check it, or throw out a smaller bet hoping I either raise or he gets me more committed for a bigger turn and river bet. Betting $125 I should have known he was protecting a weaker hand. Agree or disagree with my thought process both before I knew what he had, and after I knew what he had?

Hand #3:

Anyone bet the river here? I'm thinking maybe I should have made a bet to prevent a bet like this, but then of course I'm in the same situation if I get raised here. I said to him, "will you show if I fold?" He said yes and maybe I should have called just because of that. I folded and he showed me Q-10 for a missed draw. I'm real disappointed in this fold as well. If he made his straight I think I would have seen a turn raise, and unless he had 9-7 or 10-7 I think I beat anything else he could have had. I think I was trying too hard to make "great folds."

Thoughts?

11-14-2005, 10:07 AM
1: reraise more. 100 or just under looks good to me.
2: OOP on flops. 3 bets to go.
3: river bet sounds questionable enough to look up. whats he in there with on the turn that he doesnt raise to shut you down? K10 is the only hand that makes sense for him to have a king maybe thinking you played a jack twice and even there you have him beat. K10 beats J8 bb special here. i think you call.

kagame
11-14-2005, 11:43 AM
if youve been bluffing so much why isnt he allowing his JJ to be the best hand by check raising or throwing you some rope?

i dont understand his bet all that well, i REALLY dont think hes aware you could have AA/KK/QQ or that you would fold KK here EVER which means his bet is designed to...get you to fold AQ? huh?

i think your original line of thinking made more sense then being able to reason out that he had JJ or AK, even if you DID play the hand like a nit as a result of your paranoid "i have KK i was reraised he must have AA/QQ delusions"

i like the way youre analyzing hands in general, this is how youll get really really good, at least thats what i tell myself! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

turnipmonster
11-14-2005, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

After him telling he had Jacks, I'm really disappointed in my fold. The reason is this: He is a very good player. With AA or QQ on that board there is no way he comes out firing $125 with a set of Q's or pocket Aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

well I come out firing with QQQ or AA here. note however, that I play bad.

Imperial
11-14-2005, 01:10 PM
This is easy.

1. Move in
2. Reraise preflop
3. Very easy call. What did you put him on that beats you?

kagame
11-14-2005, 03:02 PM
this isnt easy at all

1. no
2. no
3. guess the two hands! got it? no? try harder!