PDA

View Full Version : HOH yellow/orange/red zones in SNG play

11-13-2005, 02:08 AM
I recently finished reading HOH vol.'s 1 and 2. I was curious if you guys use his "zone" strategy in SNG play. Specifically, where you have an M of 5 or less and you go all in any time you are in a pot, with "first in vigorish" being nearly as important as your hand. I get in this position frequently with the Party structure. It leaves me going all in a lot in the later levels and I have had mixed results.

Thoughts?

Slim Pickens
11-13-2005, 02:19 AM
This has been discussed a lot, so the search function is your friend, but here's the short version.

M is a bit skewed in SNG's because of the very small total number of chips in play, so 5 is not yet the red zone. First in = yes.

11-13-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This has been discussed a lot, so the search function is your friend, but here's the short version.

M is a bit skewed in SNG's because of the very small total number of chips in play, so 5 is not yet the red zone. First in = yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

A search brought up 465 random threads

some links would be nice....

bluefeet
11-13-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A search brought up 465 random threads

some links would be nice....

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously Slim, wtf?!?!? Give the man some links for crying out loud! /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

OP: A search tip -- "+HOH -re", "subject" only, STT, less than 1 year

Slim Pickens
11-13-2005, 02:40 AM
Try searching "Harrington" in subject only in the STT forum within the last month.

11-13-2005, 03:10 AM
Ok, now I need to know what "ICM" is. I tried a search for "icm" in the subject, past month/year in STT forum - no relevent results.

So a link to the "ICM" concept would be great.

splashpot
11-13-2005, 03:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, now I need to know what "ICM" is. I tried a search for "icm" in the subject, past month/year in STT forum - no relevent results.

[/ QUOTE ]
FAQ

bluefeet
11-13-2005, 03:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

be sure to make use of the "+"/"-" in your searches. Having just performed a search within our forum (again, subject only....last year), i found quite a few that might be helpful: "+ICM -re"

fyi - the FAQ also contains some info I believe. As well as THIS LINK (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=singletable&Number=191873 5&fpart=&PHPSESSID=)

bluef0x
11-13-2005, 03:15 AM
"M" is not used much in this forum, we mostly refer just to BB. Check out the FAQ for the ICM links or download eastbay's SnG Powertools to receieve some $EV values of pushing all-in.