PDA

View Full Version : What idea would get you to vote for a 2008 Pres. Nom.?

$DEADSEXE$
11-13-2005, 01:06 AM
What issue/idea/proposal would most likely get you to vote for a canidate who A:) may not be in your party..Dem/Rep/Lib etc etc and B:)may have several ideas or beliefs that you do not argee with..Pro-choice/Pro-life, Pro-Iraw war etc etc etc.

lehighguy
11-13-2005, 01:18 AM
Its a toss up between flat tax and school vouchers.

New001
11-13-2005, 04:04 AM
I voted for option #1, but I'd also like a push for alternative energy sources in more than just the transportation sector.

CORed
11-13-2005, 04:39 PM
Everything you listed except the flat tax would make me inclined to vote against the candidate. However, I prefer sales tax + rebate to a flat tax, and any really meaningful tax reform should replace payroll taxes as well as replacing or revamping income tax. If income tax stays, I would prefer a vastly simplified, moderately progressive tax to a flat tax.

11-13-2005, 05:21 PM
I'd vote for a candidate who promised to tax the rich into oblivion. It's ridiculous beyond explanation how the wealthiest Americans are only taxed 15-20% on their capital gains. I also think we need a wealth tax. Maybe something like just 2% of your net worth for those Americans worth more than $1 million. This would keep the super-rich from receiving all the benefits of living in America without having to pay their fair share.

hmkpoker
11-13-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd vote for a candidate who promised to tax the rich into oblivion. It's ridiculous beyond explanation how the wealthiest Americans are only taxed 15-20% on their capital gains. I also think we need a wealth tax. Maybe something like just 2% of your net worth for those Americans worth more than $1 million. This would keep the super-rich from receiving all the benefits of living in America without having to pay their fair share.

[/ QUOTE ]

What incentive would anyone have to be successful then?

11-13-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the super-wealthy inherit their wealth. They don't work for it. Look at Paris Hilton. The most ditzy, STD-ridden cooch in the entire world who has never lifted a finger to do anything but is still worth millions. Eat the rich.

Borodog
11-13-2005, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Most of the super-wealthy inherit their wealth. They don't work for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Citation please.

hmkpoker
11-13-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the super-wealthy inherit their wealth. They don't work for it. Look at Paris Hilton. The most ditzy, STD-ridden cooch in the entire world who has never lifted a finger to do anything but is still worth millions. Eat the rich.

[/ QUOTE ]

You still didn't answer my question.

lehighguy
11-13-2005, 07:28 PM
This is unimportant. As is the fairness or equality of society.

Taxes on the rich don't have a positive effect on the poor. People respond to incentives. Higher capital gains taxes make investment less appealing, which lower capital spending, R+D, and more generally speaking the opening of new businesses. This leads to both lower productivity and less jobs, which ultimately effects the poor. I could go down your list and make similair claims.

Also, the higher taxes get the more likely people are to take money out of the country.

bobman0330
11-13-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You still didn't answer my question.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's "ridiculous beyond explanation," whatever that means. Why ask him to explain it, it's obvious that he's just jealous.

BCPVP
11-13-2005, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Look at Paris Hilton. The most ditzy, STD-ridden cooch in the entire world who has never lifted a finger to do anything but is still worth millions.

[/ QUOTE ]
Many bad things can be said about Paris Hilton, but that she hasn't done anything and is still worth millions is incorrect. I think we need a 100% tax on posters with the name terminated.

hmkpoker
11-13-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Look at Paris Hilton. The most ditzy, STD-ridden cooch in the entire world who has never lifted a finger to do anything but is still worth millions.

[/ QUOTE ]
Many bad things can be said about Paris Hilton, but that she hasn't done anything and is still worth millions is incorrect. I think we need a 100% tax on posters with the name terminated.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, don't bother, he's still an idealistic teenager living with his parents. Nothing there to tax /images/graemlins/grin.gif

11-13-2005, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder how Ted Kennedy and John Kerry would feel about this.

11-13-2005, 10:56 PM
People, please. Don't feed the trolls.

11-14-2005, 09:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
People, please. Don't feed the trolls.

[/ QUOTE ]

That gave me a good idea for an avatar. Too bad I don't have any graphical abilities to create it.

lozen
11-14-2005, 01:59 PM
I am not an American but I think your biggest Concern is George Bush's Capital one Credit card. You need to cut the defecit!

Wes ManTooth
11-14-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I voted for option #1, but I'd also like a push for alternative energy sources in more than just the transportation sector.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a better option, then creating a federal agency to monitor how many miles everyone in the country drives.

ptmusic
11-14-2005, 05:09 PM
You left out the 800 pound gorilla (or should I say the 2,000 dead soldiers issue).

whiskeytown
11-14-2005, 08:38 PM
Decriminalization of Weed would be a mega biggie for me to change parties to one that could win.

RB