PDA

View Full Version : Totally OT but has this ever happened to any of you?

2Fast2Furious
11-12-2005, 10:37 PM
Party 11s. Been drinking a bit watching college football and playing poker - have good rappoir with the table - have finished 4th on bubble last 3 STTs and getting nervous on this one but finally make it into the final 3. Then 2 of us left and I sort of relax a bit and don't focus (yeah, like that last beer didn't hurt me). I know it's all about 1st but for some reason I loosen up a ton and its' working and I come from like 3-1 down to about even. Anyway, I get 43 suited and call and flop comes A46 rainbow. Villain bets and I push - weird thing is that for some reason I thought I had A4 (maybe previous hand?) and he wins. WTF? Do I need counseling or what? Anyone ever forgotten what they had mid-hand like this? I admit that I was checking out the internet in between hands but that's weird - maybe I'm gettin Alzheimers?

Furthermore, does anyone think that they play at least a little better when they are at least a bit buzzed too? I guess I do but pushed the envelope here a bit. Any commentary welcome.

skipperbob
11-12-2005, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Furthermore, does anyone think that they play at least a little better when they are at least a bit buzzed too?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask IrieGuy, SFB, & Layne Flack /images/graemlins/confused.gif

2Fast2Furious
11-12-2005, 10:43 PM
yeah, good point. I hear ya. Flack looked horrible at the WSOP on day one and I bet it was the Irish flu.