PDA

View Full Version : F-Bomb on standard cable

11-12-2005, 10:04 PM
TNT is currently running a broadcast of "Saving Private Ryan," and surprisingly, the F word is uncensored. I wonder how the FCC is allowing this.

istewart
11-12-2005, 10:06 PM
IIRC on Memorial Day or something - maybe Veteran's Day, who knows - they aired SPR on NBC or something completely uncut.

I think.

Homer
11-12-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
IIRC on Memorial Day or something - maybe Veteran's Day, who knows - they aired SPR on NBC or something completely uncut.

I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they did. There was some sort of controversy and some affiliates either didn't show it or showed and edited version -- can't remember which.

11-12-2005, 10:20 PM
The FCC has no control over what happens on cable. The only thing regulating cable channels are advertisers and consumers.

benza13
11-12-2005, 10:23 PM
Yea, I noticed Training Day on USA earlier this week in the middle of the day and they definitely did not censor sh*t. I didn't watch long enough to see if anything else was uncensored, but I'm guessing it was.

mostsmooth
11-12-2005, 10:35 PM
some day we will live in a country where parents will be responsible for raising their kids

GuyOnTilt
11-12-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
some day we will live in a country where parents will be responsible for raising their kids

[/ QUOTE ]
Explain please.

GoT

ThaSaltCracka
11-12-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Explain please.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]he is saying that some day, parents will be the ones who will have to regulate what their children watch, and not some government entity.

GuyOnTilt
11-12-2005, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Explain please.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]
he is saying that some day, parents will be the ones who will have to regulate what their children watch, and not some government entity.

[/ QUOTE ]
The gov't doesn't regulate cable tv.

GoT

whiskeytown
11-12-2005, 11:09 PM
I thought there was a stink because ABC wouldn't air it last year because of FCC concerns when they started getting knee-jerk.

And then a bunch of Republicans who previously said "oh no, no - we have to protect the kids" came out and said THIS wasn't their intended audience - apparently they want to be selective in their censorship -

So I'm not surprised TNT has it without the swearing edited - Even if they came after them so many politicans would jump to their defense the FCC would cower in terror.

RB

tonypaladino
11-13-2005, 12:11 AM
FCC has no authority over cable.

jacki
11-13-2005, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
FCC has no authority over cable.

[/ QUOTE ]
yet.

mmcd
11-13-2005, 12:43 AM
Who's gonna [censored] with Ted Turner?

11-13-2005, 12:46 AM
Didn't know the FCC had no conrol over cable television. I am still suprised TNT would take the chance of airing the show uncensored (at least the language, not sure on the violence) and receiving complaints from advertisers and viewers alike. Keep in mind, it began at no later than 8 P.M. EST, so it's not like i was a late night airing.

mostsmooth
11-13-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Explain please.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]
he is saying that some day, parents will be the ones who will have to regulate what their children watch, and not some government entity.

[/ QUOTE ]
The gov't doesn't regulate cable tv.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]
fwiw, i didnt say government