PDA

View Full Version : What will Bush get up to when his leaves the Oval Office

partygirluk
11-12-2005, 09:22 PM
Tonight, Bill Clinton gave a speak in Rabin square, Tel Aviv, to commemorate the 10th anniversary of Yitshak Rabin's assasination. He also wrote a lenghty autobiography which got lots of publicity, gives talks for serious dollars (I think 150K per talk, not sure), and is used in goodwill roles around the world. Do you foresee a similar life for Bush? I can't help but imagine him leading an indolent lifestyle, speaking at a few Christian seminars, getting his autobiography heavily ghost-written, and not being a goodwill ambassador anywhere outside the U.S.

11-12-2005, 09:41 PM
I can't see George Bush being welcome to speak anywhere outside of a few oil companies in Texas. Republicans will disown him for destroying the party. The Christian right will have nothing to do with him because he had a chance to stack the court with right-wing nutjobs and failed. I can easily see Bush hitting the bottle hard and dying of a failed liver within 5 years of the end of his presidency (be it through impeachment or natural causes).

However, I could see gay groups inviting him to speak for nominating the first homosexual Supreme Court justice.

Nepa
11-12-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
However, I could see gay groups inviting him to speak for nominating the first homosexual Supreme Court justice.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO

$DEADSEXE$
11-13-2005, 12:49 AM
He'll hang out on his ranch, clear some brush, maybe read a book(if it has pictures)...and possibly work for a company involved in oil or baseball.

Beavis68
11-13-2005, 01:18 AM
Conservatives never get invited to speak at any of the large communist infitrated establishments.

Nixon and Reagan were two or our most powerful presidents, and they never got invited anywhere. Clinton was disbarred, and Carter was a complete failur, and they will not [censored] shut up.

11-13-2005, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What will Bush <font color="red">get up to</font> when his leaves the Oval Office

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I think he'll probably lose a few pounds.

Roybert
11-13-2005, 02:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Conservatives never get invited to speak at any of the large communist infitrated establishments.

Nixon and Reagan were two or our most powerful presidents, and they never got invited anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Suppose this has anything with the fact that Reagan had soup for brains when he left office and Nixon resigned in disgrace, genius?

adios
11-13-2005, 04:02 AM
Actually this is wrong. I know Reagan was paid millions to do a short speaking tour in Japan after he left office.

11-13-2005, 07:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nixon and Reagan were two or our most powerful presidents, and they never got invited anywhere.

Clinton was disbarred, and Carter was a complete failur, and people will not stop paying them huge sums to hear them speak about important topics.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

whiskeytown
11-13-2005, 08:00 AM
and if history is any indication, he'll drive those companies into the ground, just as he did with previous countries and the presidency, and he'll have to be bailed out by family money/contacts yet again /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RB

nanoCRUSHER
11-13-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nixon and Reagan were two or our most powerful presidents, and they never got invited anywhere. Clinton was disbarred, and Carter was a complete failur,(sic) and they will not [censored] shut up.

[/ QUOTE ]

from Wikipedia:
[ QUOTE ]
In the autumn of 1989, Fujisankei Communications Group of Japan hired him to make two speeches and attend a small number of corporate functions. Reagan's weekly fee was about $2 million, more than he had earned during eight years as president.

[/ QUOTE ]

11-13-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

from Wikipedia:
[ QUOTE ]
In the autumn of 1989, Fujisankei Communications Group of Japan hired him to make two speeches and attend a small number of corporate functions. Reagan's weekly fee was about $2 million, more than he had earned during eight years as president.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't he donate this to charity? I'm not defending him, I just thought I remembered the original stink that was raised and then the air got cleared.

/images/graemlins/confused.gif