PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to have a good win rate with a somewhat low WtSD%?

ChoicestHops
11-12-2005, 08:54 PM
This is a big problem of mine, and it always has been. I think the bets I usually win are from donks with VP$IP of 50+ when I can milk them with check raises and such. Or milking the maniacs.

My WtSD% after my first two weeks with 11.5k hands is 29.17. My WSD% is 60%. bb/100 is 1.83.

Im folding to alot of river bets at almost 50%. However the hands I fold are usually ace high or worse, or in 4 handed pots or something where there's no chance that I have the pot. Even more, if the pot is 3 bb I usually don't even consider going to the river with nothing unless I can abuse my opponent in FPS land.

What should I be going down to showdown more with?

jba
11-12-2005, 08:58 PM
you could just be running well. one of the best ways to run well is to never get second best hands.

edit: i'm not trying to imply that you are not winning at xbb/hr, just that you could be getting less second best hands than normal

climber
11-12-2005, 09:17 PM
Here are my suggestion for the additional hands to go to showdown with:

--flopped 2nd pair that you raised or checkraised the flop with and knocked a couple people out and got it HU

--decent overcards (A high with some kind of kicker) after you raise preflop and continue your aggression on the flop and potentially the turn if your flop contiuation bet narrows the field enough

--any pair or decent A-high after you isolate 3-bet a moron preflop and get it HU

sweetjazz
11-12-2005, 10:14 PM
It depends what limits you are playing. But I think in general your low WtSD% and high WSD% suggests that you may be folding too often when you have the odds to chase or call with a likely beaten hand.

Contrary to popular myth, folding for one bet on the river is not always a big (pot-sized) mistake. However, it can be a (small) mistake even when you're pretty sure you are beat (i.e. those times when the pot odds are better than the odds you are beaten), and it is mistake that can be made frequently.

Post some hands with your most marginal river folds, and see what the community has to say.

DarkKnight
11-12-2005, 10:28 PM
I'm suffering from a similar problem...

I'm trying to figure out where people are winning their hands. Please post ... stakes, WtSD, W$SD, Ww/oSD.

I don't have my stats infront of me but I'll post when I get home