PDA

View Full Version : 5/10: 97o in a big pot

11-12-2005, 07:10 PM
My image at this table is really tight. I haven't gotten out of line anywhere so far.

UTG is 28/22/2.36 and overly aggressive. I've seen him raise 22 and 43s utg as well as some legitimate hands. He's the type to cap a missed AK on the flop vs a rock.

MP1 is 50/1/0.66. I have very little respect for his calls.

Button just sat down an orbit ago, so I have no info on him.

SB is TAGish, but a little loose.

SB posted the small blind - $2.50
HERO posted the big blind - $5.00
** Dealing card to HERO: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG raised - $10.00
MP1 called - $10.00
CO folded
BUTTON called - $10.00
SB called - $7.50
<font color="red"> HERO called - $5.00</font> ( I have to call, getting 9:1 right?)

** Dealing the flop: 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 Players, $50)
SB checked
<font color="red"> HERO checked </font> (anyone bet out?)
UTG bet - $5.00
MP1 called - $5.00
BUTTON called - $5.00
SB called - $5.00
<font color="red"> HERO called - $5.00 </font> (seems like I have enough of hand to call, with the 14:1 odds)

** Dealing the turn: J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (5 Players, $75)
SB checked
<font color="red"> HERO bet - $10.00 </font> (I feel I messed up here. I think I should have checked/called)
UTG raised - $20.00
MP1 called - $20.00
BUTTON folded
SB folded
<font color="red"> HERO called - $10.00 </font> (I can call with the large odds right? or am I just spewing?)

** Dealing the river: 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players, $135)
<font color="red"> HERO checked </font> (With UTG being so aggressive, I felt I could c/r and trap both for an extra bet)
UTG checked
MP1 checked

Comments on all streets wanted.

Spicymoose
11-12-2005, 07:14 PM
You need to defend your hand, and you are in the perfect situation to do it. Just lead the flop, and sure enough your LAGgy opponent will raise you and thin the field. Given that you didn't, I think I just check call the turn, as there are way too many opponents there for your mid pair to currently be good enough of the time. Given that you bet, and got raised on the turn, I think the river check raise attempt is fine. Too bad it didn't work.

ArturiusX
11-12-2005, 07:17 PM
No way I'm leading weak middle pair into 4 players.

Spicymoose
11-12-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No way I'm leading weak middle pair into 4 players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say normally, no. But, given his description of the villain, and the fact that he is immediately to our left, I think this is a perfect opportunity. The pot is decently big, and folding for a single bet isn't an option. UTG is decently likely to raise with his overcards, which puts MP and Button in a really tough position. They cold called preflop, which tends to mean high cards, as most opponents with most pairs would rather 3-bet (at least MP would, Button might now have some sort of pair). Also, since the flop is all low cards, we have a pretty shot of having the best hand. If not, we are almost surely behind to a pocket pair, and have around 20% equity in the pot.

11-12-2005, 07:31 PM
Bet the flop and hope UTG raises, otherwise you just hope to improve to the winning hand.