PDA

View Full Version : Stud8 - Day 2, Hand 4

Aaron W.
11-12-2005, 06:32 PM
I jammed 3rd with a wheel draw. Is that too aggressive? I've got a couple players trapped with very probable worse low draws. Should I wait for two suited before jamming this hand?

And what about 4th? Should I continue jamming because it's a scary-looking brick?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.25/$0.50), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.10 (converter (http://j.1asphost.com/greenage))

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Hero: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___raises
Seat 5: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___brings-in___folds
Seat 7: xx xx K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___calls

4th Street - (6.00 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks
Hero: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks
Seat 5: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks
Seat 8: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks

5th Street - (3.00 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Hero: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets

6th Street - (6.00 BB)

Hero: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets
Seat 5: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls

River - (8.00 BB)

Hero: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif xx___checks___calls

Total pot: (10.00 BB)

Alchemist
11-12-2005, 07:09 PM
A "scary-looking brick" is a bit of an oxymoron isn't it? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think the raise on 3rd is fine although it's not my style.
I don't because a lot of times you'll brick 4th and with the bigger pot, makes it harder to get limpers to fold when you want them to on the later streets.

The 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif probably caught his best card. I'm definitely checking to him. Since you raised third, there's not much you can have in the hole that will make me (as an opponent) worried after catching a suited Queen. Although his check on 4th is a little strange.

The rest of the hand looks good.

Backstabr
11-12-2005, 07:21 PM
Jamming 3rd is fine, calling is fine (in games this low, I suspect a raise is better).

Fold fifth. I don't think it's close. You started great, but you're now getting 4-1 and even if you make your low, Seat 8 may have a better low. Fold fifth.

I don't betting fourth would have done anything for you.

benwood
11-12-2005, 11:13 PM
Backstbr: I hadn't considered folding 5th until you woke me up. Nice play, my friend! Agree completely.

mscags
11-12-2005, 11:47 PM
I would fold fifth on this one. Your opponent just appeared to catch a better low than the one you're drawing to. Get out while the pot is still small.

Scags