PDA

View Full Version : Preflop FT decision in Stars 22 180-table SNG

Proofrock
11-12-2005, 05:20 PM
I've been having an ongoing discussion with another 2+2er about this hand, and I'm curious about what the rest of this forum thinks about this preflop call.

Reads: BB is loose-passive. UTG has been pretty conservative, CO is a little LAG but has become more passive and tightened up a bit since we made the final table, button has been pretty quiet.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t2000 (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Button (t43597)
SB (t23390)
BB (t22334)
UTG (t90996)
Hero (t38936)
CO (t50747)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls t2000, <font color="red">Hero calls t2000</font>, CO calls t2000, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

-J.A.

11-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Not something I would call with for a few reasons:

1.) Not enough money in the pot yet to justify playing it, I would play something like this if I knew there was more limpers in the pot and i was on the button or SB

2.) A raise behind me and I'm throwing it away.. I don't know how active the table is, but with a few players left to act it's a possibility

3.) I dunno if you have enough chips to be chip dumping here and there.. you're still healthy, but one more blind increase and you're not a very big stack

Of course reasons for calling is that you can break somebody with that type of hand, but overall I'm going to fold

miajag81
11-12-2005, 05:26 PM
I don't think it's a terrible call, but I almost always fold this. Suited connector I definitely limp; one-gappers are considerably less valuable.

11-12-2005, 07:10 PM
id say thats a pretty costly limp when youre probably going to muck the flop the majority of the time.

with the limper in front of you it makes things more complicated, i.e. youre probably beat with something like 8 high.

even if you flop a draw, your hand is generally too weak to play back with anything less than stacking the otherguy or leading out last to act hoping everyone mucks.

fold this hand, raise it next time youre first in if you want to play it, at least youll be heads up then and might be up against just two overs, or race 44-22.

ahem, dont go broke in an unraised pot.

fold it.