PDA

View Full Version : TPGK lots of action from LAG

scotty34
11-12-2005, 05:15 PM
Button is very LAG at 80/30/1.5
BB is very loose-passive at 67/4/.6

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.33 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.16 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (12.16 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, Hero...

Considering my opponents stats, I think I probably played this whole hand quite poorly. Comments on all streets? What's my river action?

Entity
11-12-2005, 06:29 PM
Cap preflop. Cap the flop, lead the turn.

kapw7
11-12-2005, 06:30 PM
I cap preflop and maybe the flop. But I think your turn play was too passive. You have a huge equity with the added FD against these players so you can put more bets. (River is an easy call.)EDIT: Sorry misread the action on the river. I still call (not raise) though.

Starzinger
11-12-2005, 06:32 PM
I think you can get some more bets in. With those peoples stats, you can probably cap it PF. And i wouldn't mind a raise on the turn either, with the FD coming in. If he's 3-betting you there, you probably have to slow down though.

But maybe that's too much action?

Spicymoose
11-12-2005, 08:37 PM
Does anyone bet/3-bet this flop?

What about a regular player, or regular LAG? I think I still lead, but might not 3-bet.

Given the way the hand played, I think you can call the river. The super agro is betting, and the super passive is calling, so you can win this at least your fair share of the time.

scotty34
11-12-2005, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cap preflop. Cap the flop, lead the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Call down further aggression on the turn, provided I don't make my flush? With my opponents' stats, should I fold pretty well never?

sweetjazz
11-12-2005, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Call down further aggression on the turn, provided I don't make my flush? With my opponents' stats, should I fold pretty well never?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you should be folding less than that. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif (As in...absolutely never.) Given how overaggressive he is, you must cap preflop, you should probably cap flop, and you may be best to raise the turn. It depends how much the villain overplays his hands postflop, something you should have been watching once you realized he was that aggressive preflop.

(The reason is that he will be in almost every pot you enter, so any read you get on him may be worth quite a bit in a future confrontation. A read against someone with stats of 15/10 isn't as useful, because 5/6 of the pots you enter won't have him in it.)