PDA

View Full Version : Strategy for wild live MTT

11-12-2005, 05:06 PM
ok, live poker has just arrived to my small town and I took part in a 100 player No-limit MTT recently. I was amazed at how poor the standard of play was. People were playing hands like Q7o regularly and almost every other hand someone was going all in. One hand that had me falling off my chair was when one guy went all in with 62o and was called by a guy with 82o!!

Anyway, to the point of my post. Given the poor standard of play I was up against I wondered what strategy adjustments I should be making. I chose to play my normal tight/aggressive game but didn't get many good cards and in the end I was eaten up by the blinds. Can someone give me some guidance on how to play better in these wild games where it's practically impossible to put anyone on a hand.

Thanks

KneeCo
11-12-2005, 05:16 PM
ABC poker with fewer (much fewer) blind steals/bluffs (this includes cont. bets against most players).

Hands that can turn into the nuts (suited As and the like) tend to go up in value, hands that you usually try and thin the field with pf (JJ and such) arguably go down in value, because most pots will be played multi-way despite pf raises.

Overall, don't change your game too much.