PDA

View Full Version : Consumer Reports

The Truth
11-12-2005, 04:26 PM
2 questions.

Question 1, Is anybody signed up for consumer reports, if you are is it awesome yes or no?

Question 2, forgot it.

blake

astroglide
11-12-2005, 04:29 PM
i used to pay for an online subscription. i thought it was worth it for random purchases, although i was fairly disappointed with the timing on certain articles. now i've got a free lifetime subscription with the magazine too (no i can't hook you up) so that's worked out great.

Blarg
11-12-2005, 04:34 PM
I found some of their online reviews kind of shallow and disappointing.

MikeNaked
11-12-2005, 05:05 PM
Dad in law gave us a 2 year subscription. Don't know if I'd call it 'awesome' or would purchase one for myself, but I've found it helpful over this last year. Saves a lot of research time on purchases. Best part is the last page - forget what it's called - but pretty much makes fun of faulty/erroneous marketing.

Randy_Refeld
11-12-2005, 05:07 PM
I don't have a subscription but the $12 for a pricing report when you go to buy a new car is worth a lot.

crunchy1
11-12-2005, 06:48 PM
I signed up and registered when I was in the market to buy a new vehicle. I signed up an account at the website and also got a 1 year subscription to the magazine. The website was very helpful in researching information on vehicles. The magazine also had a lot of good information and well-written articles. There's not much more in the magazine that you can't get with the online subscription

I stopped reading the magazine after I made the vehicle purchase. I also cancelled my website subscription. There's not a lot of value in paying for either of these if you're not constantly in the market to buy big-ticket items. If it's a one time purchase like a new house or new car - I'd recommend getting an account on the website and then cancelling when you've got the information you need.