PDA

View Full Version : Could you take this pro boxer in a street brawl?

partygirluk
11-12-2005, 03:26 PM
This man. (http://boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=005316)

OK. He was a pro boxer which immediately makes me think the answer must be "no". But come on. This guy has been KOed 31 out of 31 times, whilst fighting at a very low level, never even completing the 2nd round! He clearly has terrible co-ordination and very little punch resistance. I think it is close, and many of the more able 2p2ers would be able to.

11-12-2005, 03:30 PM
needs a picture, he seems like a little punk though

Blarg
11-12-2005, 03:31 PM
He's almost 45 years old. That's definitely not a plus for him.

On the other hand, boxing at the pro level isn't easy. Just because the guy loses every time doesn't mean he couldn't waltz over a lot of competent amateurs. I haven't seen him fight so I wouldn't know about the particulars you're describing. But simply being able to take a punch in the gut would put even a miserable pro-level boxer well above the average guy off the street.

Senor Cardgage
11-12-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Eric Crumble

[/ QUOTE ]
His name is perfect.

Rootabager
11-12-2005, 03:39 PM
He still trains to fight even if he is horrible. I'm sure he could take most people on this forum.
I am confident however I would [censored] him up.

Peter666
11-12-2005, 03:43 PM
Is Crumble his real name?

Actually, it is easier to take out a boxer in a streetfight than you think. The key is to KICK them and take the fight to the ground. Avoid a punching match where an amateur will be outclassed.

Blarg
11-12-2005, 03:59 PM
Kicking is always dangerous and most people can't kick for crap. And if a boxer gets inside on you when one of your legs is off the ground, you're in deep poop.

I'd say the average guy would be better off taking him to the ground.

chuddo
11-12-2005, 04:02 PM
in your avatar, the guy is fading all those punches barely, right? or getting pummeled? either way, sweet.

imported_anacardo
11-12-2005, 04:07 PM
Heh. Where'd you find this guy?

Hmm. I'm a little bigger than he is, but I'm built more like a not-so-jacked light heavyweight than a mid. He probably has the reach on me, but my footwork and hands are still pretty good, though I doubt I have a lot of snap in my punches these days. He seems to get TKOed an awful lot in the later rounds, though, so I think that if I could stay in there for the first five or six, I'd be a favorite over the later part of the match. I'd totally do this if there were even a three-digit purse involved, btw.

Ulysses
11-12-2005, 04:08 PM
I bet most would have little chance against this guy.

jba
11-12-2005, 04:10 PM
I'm about 98% sure he could beat me in a boxing match and about 98% sure I could whip his ass otherwise.

11-12-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
in your avatar, the guy is fading all those punches barely, right? or getting pummeled? either way, sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

"the guy" ahaha....anywayss yes is he is barely dodging the punches....you should see the real time clip of it though even more impressive

HopeydaFish
11-12-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"the guy" ahaha....anywayss yes is he is barely dodging the punches....you should see the real time clip of it though even more impressive

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...he's good. Almost like he's the greatest fighter of all-time or something.

Blarg
11-12-2005, 04:32 PM
I don't see avatars, but I'm guessing it must be Ali.

cardcounter0
11-12-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"the guy"? BawwhahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaW!!! Hahahahaha!
Wait a minute ... Hahahahahahahahahaww

Whew! Now my side hurts.
/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jba
11-12-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd totally do this if there were even a three-digit purse involved, btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

crimson challenge anyone?????

2+2 wannabe
11-13-2005, 03:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd totally do this if there were even a three-digit purse involved, btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

crimson challenge anyone?????

[/ QUOTE ]

you beat me to it

crimson challenge bumfights

imported_anacardo
11-13-2005, 03:34 AM
I absolutely will not participate in anything that so much as hints of a Crimson Challenge.

protocol
11-13-2005, 03:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
needs a picture, he seems like a little punk though

[/ QUOTE ]

http://page.freett.com/p_out_01/1_1.gif

JihadOnTheRiver
11-13-2005, 03:40 AM
I'd rock him hard, this I promise. I would probably be about a 80/20 favorite while drunk.

kurosh
11-13-2005, 03:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Anyone have the real time clip?

Blarg
11-13-2005, 04:14 AM
LOL, this estimation also applies to picking up chicks.

gunt
11-13-2005, 04:16 AM
you hsve obviously never been in a street fight ... anything goes pal....

Peter666
11-13-2005, 04:37 AM
Kicks or stompings should always be targeted to the knees and below. None of the high flying Ninja crap. And if the boxer gets inside you, get closer. You got to hug him, like in a boxing match. That way he can't punch. Then bite his ear off.

Blarg
11-13-2005, 05:09 AM
How about eating his children? Becuase I think Allah has been telling me to do that.

chuddo
11-13-2005, 05:51 AM
ah, i guess it doesn't translate that i am from louisville.

i have shaken the champs hand.

Cancuk
11-13-2005, 06:00 AM
he is from Milwaukee...

pic?

11-13-2005, 06:03 AM
I'd take him out with my roll o' quartas

dibbs
11-13-2005, 06:23 AM
I think even the lowest of boxers in the lowest of levels would decimate average folks, even average tough guys who hit the gym constantly.

A few years back was at this party and there was this little dude in a hoodie who I was informed was some low level boxer from the Boston suburbs. His face was kind of messed up and you couldn't really see his build cuz of his baggie clothing, he was a small small guy though. The local tough guy, who really was pretty psycho and hadnt lost a fight to a number of kids in years kept coaxing him to a quick match. He kept sayin no until he was offered money, the local guy probably had 70 pounds on the kid, and he definitley knows how to fight.

One punch from the boxer and the local psycho was down and out, ended up in the hospital, pretty funny.

SammyKid11
11-13-2005, 07:13 AM
Yeah, I hate to rain on so many of your parades, but...everyone who thinks you would stomp the crap out of a professional boxer is smoking some serious ego-weed. Even IF you're in incredibly good shape, and even IF you've been in (and been successful in) 30+ fights in your life...you do not train for 6-8 hours each day learning the most effective ways to beat people up. This guy does. Clearly, he's not physically gifted enough to succeed at the professional level...but unless you've had some serious-level combat training AND are in great physical shape AND work on your combat skills multiple times weekly, you simply would have no more than a lucky punch's chance of beating this guy.

partygirluk
11-13-2005, 07:25 AM
This guy never trained 6-8 hours per day. The vast majority of professional boxers are not full time. Someone at his level is just fighting for a couple of hundred $, I doubt he has any amateur experience, you are way overestimating his skills.