PDA

View Full Version : PartyPoker friend referral proposition

11-12-2005, 12:38 PM
I have an idea, and please let me know how this sounds.

I started playing online about a month ago at Intertops, and now want to put $50 in PartyPoker, which I have transferred out of Intertops and now sits in my Neteller account. I see on bonuswhores how they (Party) offer a 20% bonus deposit, which would be $10 for my $50 deposit. However, I see that with Party's friend referral if someone refers me they get $50 and I get $25 as long as I put in $50, which for me would be a 50% bonus.

So here's what I propose. Someone out there transfers me $10 into my Intertops account and then refers me to PartyPoker. I'll deposit my $50 and clear the bonus on Party and then I'll essentially get $35 and someone out there will get $40 for doing nothing.

Thoughts?

Ted

11-12-2005, 12:52 PM
Hi Ted,

I'm new here so I may be totally wrong but ...

We're all gamblers to some extent by virtue of the game we play but nobody is going to give a stranger (no offence) $10 just for the possibility of getting the $50 RAF bonus. If you wanted to make the same offer but have somebody pay $10 to your Neteller account after you have cleared the bonus then there may be a few takers.

As an aside, you may want to leave the Party bonus until you have a larger bankroll so that you can maxmise the offer as it is actually one of the easier bonuses to clear (I speak from experience as I went for the $25 offer when I first started and, in hindsight, regret doing the Party bonus so early).

11-12-2005, 12:53 PM
Play elsewhere, save up your money. Deposit on Party when you have $500 so that you can take advantage of the $100 max bonus.

theben
11-12-2005, 12:59 PM
this sounds like a scam for some kid to get a 10$ transfer

BruinEric
11-12-2005, 12:59 PM
When I first signed up for Party, I used a bonus code specifically for "$25 added to first deposit." So you don't really need to do some complex refer-a-friend thing.

In retrospect, I wish I'd have started with a bigger bankroll so I could have had the 20% bonus. But I was new to Party and there are enough reloads, etc. that it didn't matter in the long run.

11-12-2005, 01:00 PM
Fair points. As a guy with a good full-time job that plays mostly micro limits I'll prob. never put $500 into a poker site. Not to mention that as a finance guy I see a 50% bonus, even while at a lower limit, very attractive.

I definitely agree though that it's difficult to just give out $10 to a relative stranger even with the prospect of later receiving $50.

It may be that if there are 2+2'ers in, or near, Omaha, Nebraska then they should take me up on my offer. I'd be glad to meet someone in person, and also draft and sign the proposal on paper if that would make someone feel better.

Heck, I'm just trying to figure out how to get max. bang for my dollars given that I know I'm a small stakes guy.

11-12-2005, 01:01 PM
Thanks Bruin, I'll check it out. And Ben, I assure you that I'm a 33 year-old Finance Manager. If you're in Omaha you're more than welcome to come stop by my office.

11-12-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not to mention that as a finance guy I see a 50% bonus, even while at a lower limit, very attractive.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a finance guy, you should realize the opportunity cost of taking this approach. If you're going to be playing at Party one way or another, it's almost stupid to not take advantage of the full bonus. If you truly are a 33 year old finance manager, $500 shouldn't be a big deal. And just because you deposit it there doesn't mean it's spent. Limit yourself to however much you want to spend of it, and you'll be fine. I'm sure you've dealt with budgets many times throughout your career, so I don't see money management as a problem. Maybe 50% does sound attractive to you, but I think $100 compared to $25 (400% of the bonus you're planning on taking) is a bit more attractive.

theben
11-12-2005, 01:32 PM
if you are a finance manager then don't throw away free money. checkout the IB promo from PSO...its 100 free and you dont have to do jack

and there are even better promos than that as well. don't max out ROI here, max out NPV of net profits

11-12-2005, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you are a finance manager then don't throw away free money. checkout the IB promo from PSO...its 100 free and you dont have to do jack

and there are even better promos than that as well. don't max out ROI here, max out NPV of net profits

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I'd definitely agree with this. ROI hardly matters in this case. Definitely aim to maximize NPV, or even more basically, net income.

11-12-2005, 02:36 PM
Just a small point of clarification - is PSO Pokerstars, and what is IB?

You're right $500 is not an issue, but $500 towards poker would definitely make my wife uneasy. I suppose I could move it out after clearing any bonus though.

11-12-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I suppose I could move it out after clearing any bonus though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely first read this as, "I could move out..."

This would also be a solution to your wife worrying about it.

jman220
11-13-2005, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not to mention that as a finance guy I see a 50% bonus, even while at a lower limit, very attractive.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a finance guy, you should realize several things about the Bonus:

1. The Bonus percentage does not matter, it is just smoke and mirrors that the Poker Sites use to disguise what really matters, which is how much you have to play to clear the bonus. (A 10% bonus up to $100 which clears at 5x raked hands is far more lucrative than a 200% bonus up to $1000 that clears at 30x raked hands.)

2. You could deposit $500 for the bonus, then almost immediately withdraw $450 of that, and use the last $50 to clear the $100 bonus playing the $5 Beginners tables where a 5 cent raked pot clears the bonus.

NateDog
11-13-2005, 01:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just a small point of clarification - is PSO Pokerstars, and what is IB?

[/ QUOTE ]

instantbankroll.com. It's a PSO promotion.