PDA

View Full Version : Howdy!

11-12-2005, 11:27 AM
After a year of reading its time to write my first post. First id like to thank all you regular 2+2 MTT writers and for making me a better tournament player.

This is from a live 200£ tournament. 11 players left and 9 get paid.
I have just been moved to a new table but already know that both of the blinds have been very aggressive, raising and reraising pot after pot(I observed this table closely, because it was just to the left of my last seat). Averagestack is around 3700, i have 3300, both blinds hold 9000+ and other 2 players at my table have ~2500.

I limp in for 300 UTG with two black queens (Not my normal play, but i was 90% sure there would be a raise). Before i know it, it goes call,call,call and check.
So all 5 see the flop that comes Ac Tc 2h.
SB checks, the BB bets 1000 and after thinking a while i push.
Did i do this ok ?
Should i raise preflop although the blinds raise all limpers 90% of the time?

Exitonly
11-12-2005, 11:31 AM
i dont see much wrong with limping if you're pretty sure it's going to get raised... but i'm raising here nearly all the time. And once we get to that flop it's tricky, you said the blinds were really aggressive, so he could really be betting w/ anyy partt of the board here, and when you push, you're almost certainly isolating vs him (no weak aces are calling you here, and strong aces wouldn't have limped). And atleast you have the Qc.

So, i think the push is probably alright.

nice to have more people posting.

woodguy
11-12-2005, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
no weak aces are calling you here

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, I think many weak A's call, espcially if one of the blinds have one as they have the OP outstacked significantly.

Even one of the small stacks can think "I can't fold a pair of A's here"

The limp was ok given the table dynamics, but I fold here as I think I'm getting called by a better hand, and 10BB's is a workable stack, even at the bubble.

Regards,
Woodguy

PunterSThompson
11-12-2005, 12:06 PM
I dont mind the utg limp given the action you describe, although obviously you should raise in this position most of the time.

I agree with woodguy in terms of your post-flop play. Yes your chip stack is getting low and you've gotta start pushing, but it's going to be a tough fold for a man with an ace, the BB has perceived odds to call with a lot of hands, and you've still got a number of players yet to act. Additionally, it would be a pretty mad bet by the BB to bet into that amount of people without some kind of holding (although of course he might be mad). If i were in his position with an ace, I would bet about the amount he had (2/3 pot). I dont think id bet that amount at the pot with really anything else. I think you can fold this and wait for a better situation pretty easily.

Regards, Punter

wiggs73
11-12-2005, 12:07 PM
Limp is ok PF given your reads of the blinds. I still might like a raise though just because the entire rest of the table has to act too. Maybe a limp in later position would have been better and would have been more likely to induce a weak raise from one of the blinds. PF... not bad, not great either.

On the flop, what are you trying to represent? Would you limp AT, TT, or 22 UTG? I doubt it and if the other players are thinking, they probably doubt it too. So I think it looks too much like you're trying to make a move here. Another problem is that you don't have very much fold equity over the blinds since they hold 9k+. I actually do think they call with a weak ace pretty often here.

One other note... when you limp a hand like QQ for variation or for whatever other reason. If you play passively pre-flop with it, I think you have to be willing to take the same line post-flop if the action up to that point isn't favorable. I would call a 5-way flop that contains an ace unfavorable... so being that you didn't invest many chips PF with the hand, I think you should have an easier time folding to a bet here.

Oh, and welcome to the forums.