PDA

View Full Version : The Peter_rus Test (Low Content)

naphand
11-12-2005, 10:46 AM
Do not know what the PR TEST is? Well, that is hardly surprising as I just thought it up. Those familiar with his posts from yesteryear can probably figure it out - but essentially the question is "Are you getting enough value playing trash from the blinds?"

TABLE: UTG and MP are both very loose (in the range 50-60 V$IP) and typically passive, as is the SB. They are really quite clueless and will bet draws into the PFR etc. donk when they improve etc. CO and Button are average for the limit (30-40 V$IP) and show moderate aggression. The table seems to be enjoying itself and there has been an above average level of semi-bluff and FPS trickery.

$5/$10 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.fourthnut.com/cgi-bin/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Peter_rus is BB with 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Peter_rus checks.

Flop: (4 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Peter_rus calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Peter_rus /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

How are you gonna maximise your EV? Take the poll and see how your score for PR points.
<font color=" white">..
..</font>

naphand
11-12-2005, 11:02 AM
If you choose other - please do post your action and reasoning.

11-12-2005, 11:29 AM
How do I know how I scored? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

naphand
11-12-2005, 11:35 AM
We rank the actions in order of Peter_rus and you get to take home the pies...

I am also quite shocked that no-one has been honest enought to pick the last option... /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Danenania
11-12-2005, 11:49 AM
I picked check/call 1 bet and fold for two. I assume most of the "other" picks are bet/call or variations on bet/call.

Trix
11-12-2005, 11:52 AM
I went with the same. Dont think we are ahead often enough that we want to bet here against passive players.

11-12-2005, 12:19 PM
Small pot, flush on the board, an 8 makes someone else a better straight. I check fold.

No flush I'd probably bet. Make the T a J and I definitely bet figuring good odds of picking up the pot right there.

TStoneMBD
11-12-2005, 12:25 PM
id bet this. these players arent going to raise their pair hands after theyve just called the flop and if you check they will bet their pairs for you. betting allows you to protect your hand when you happen to be ahead and may clear up flush draw outs. whether i call or fold once raised depends on which player it is and my read on them if i have one, but i certainly lean towards calling if its heads up because my flush outs will be good very often along with my straight outs.

Guy McSucker
11-12-2005, 12:39 PM
I'm checking and calling one/folding two. That's how passive I am.

PM me naphand. I can't PM you because you're over quota. I've got something I'd like to ask you.

Guy.

naphand
11-12-2005, 02:04 PM
IMO this response is the likely Peter_rus line.

I doubt PR in his glory days would take the easier line of check-calling here, although this is totally understandable for the reasons people give.

Victor
11-12-2005, 02:10 PM
how about fold the flop since you arent closing the action and 2 of your outs are super tainted and even if you hit your hand is easily counterfeited?

w_alloy
11-12-2005, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

how about fold the flop since you arent closing the action and 2 of your outs are super tainted and even if you hit your hand is easily counterfeited?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I never fold this. You have an oesd. It a multiway pot with loose passives. I think you are overestimating the chance that someone has a flush draw and that if we hit the 8 we still lose.

On the turn, I think bet/fold is the second worse line possible to check/fold. I think bet/raise is a better line, although it is still quite terrible (ok maybe this is hyperbole). I would check/call, and if I didnt I would bet/call. Unless someone has a flush or a straight with a higher heart, which happens very rarely, you have a ton of outs.

Maybe 10/20 has turned me too lag.

baronzeus
11-12-2005, 10:04 PM
i bet this.

Spicymoose
11-12-2005, 11:39 PM
I think it would be really interesting to see what PokerStove says our equity is here. I don't think it would be very hard to give some broad hand ranges to these opponents, it would just take a while to enter in all the information in PokerStove (ie, allowing for a lot of suited cards, but only suited hearts, and stuff like that).

Does anyone have any clue what percentage our equity is even close to?

sthief09
11-12-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
id bet this. these players arent going to raise their pair hands after theyve just called the flop and if you check they will bet their pairs for you. betting allows you to protect your hand when you happen to be ahead and may clear up flush draw outs. whether i call or fold once raised depends on which player it is and my read on them if i have one, but i certainly lean towards calling if its heads up because my flush outs will be good very often along with my straight outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is why you play better than me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Zoelef
11-12-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it would be really interesting to see what PokerStove says our equity is here. I don't think it would be very hard to give some broad hand ranges to these opponents, it would just take a while to enter in all the information in PokerStove (ie, allowing for a lot of suited cards, but only suited hearts, and stuff like that).

Does anyone have any clue what percentage our equity is even close to?

[/ QUOTE ]

This only took me 2-3 minutes to whip up, and I was generous with the holdings. Hero's equity is slightly higher than I would have guessed.

My impulse says c/c one, c/f two. However, b/f might work on this board because someone raising screams a made hand (flush) and since we're folding to any two-bet, why not take initiative?

---
Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

7,000,630 games 19.516 secs 358,712 games/sec

Board: Th 5c 7h 4h
Dead:

equity (%) win (%) / tie (%)

Hand 1: 27.0588 % [ 00.25 00.02 ] { 6h4d }
Hand 2: 24.8624 % [ 00.24 00.01 ] { AA-22, AKs-A2s, KQs-K2s, QJs-Q4s, JTs-J6s, T9s-T7s, 98s-96s, 87s-86s, 76s-75s, 65s, 54s, 43s, 32s, AKo-A2o, KQo-K7o, QJo-Q8o, JTo-J8o, T9o-T8o, 98o, 87o, 76o }
Hand 3: 25.0072 % [ 00.24 00.01 ] { AA-22, AKs-A2s, KQs-K2s, QJs-Q4s, JTs-J6s, T9s-T7s, 98s-96s, 87s-85s, 76s-75s, 65s, 54s, 43s, 32s, AKo-A2o, KQo-K7o, QJo-Q8o, JTo-J8o, T9o-T8o, 98o, 87o, 76o }
Hand 4: 23.0716 % [ 00.22 00.01 ] { random }

---

Spicymoose
11-12-2005, 11:58 PM
I think the reason it only took you 2-3 minutes is because your estimates are way off (or is it the other way around). All of the big cards like TT-AA are extremely unlikely given the action. Similarly two-pair hands are not likely, and any hand with a ten is not likely.

I would guess however that since you are including a lot of better hands, that when you remove them our equity goes up even further.

naphand
11-13-2005, 02:02 PM
It is good to see someone taking the time to do this kind of analysis. At the time I really was not sure where I stood EV-wise and it is interesting to see I may well be the EV-leader. I will run some hand ranges myself and see what comes out.

I kinda feel I should bet here but obviously I am behind SB a lot of the time. That said, I have outs against any better pair but my flush outs are unlikely to be good. The other LPs though will certainly call with almost any /images/graemlins/heart.gif. There is no T out, with almost 100% certainty. IMO a 6 or 4 is a valid out (presuming no flush) as well as the straight cards. A problem is distinct possibility of a semi-bluff raise . Peter_rus would talk of the need for deep reads to play such marginal holdings, and he is right.

Surfbullet
11-13-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just going to type all this up...then I decided to read the replies and found that mbd had been nice enough to do so for me, now I get to save myself a few minutes and use the nifty quote feature.

Surf

edit: Nap! Why are you posting "lc" threads with tons of strategy in them?! You're making my job harder!