PDA

View Full Version : the man still has no scruples...

03-31-2002, 09:20 PM
From a Newsweek interview with Bill Clinton:

"Former President Clinton says he regrets the last-minute pardon he gave to fugitive financier Marc Rich because it has tarnished his reputation.

Asked in an interview with Newsweek magazine if he would do it again, Clinton said, "probably not, just for the politics."

"It was terrible politics," he said. "It wasn't worth the damage to my reputation. But that doesn't mean the attacks were true.""

So if he had all to do over again, what Clinton is saying is that even if Marc Rich, or anybody else, was totally deserving of a pardon, the decision to grant one would be based entirely on the political ramifications and not on the merits. What a complete scum.

03-31-2002, 09:53 PM
Yes I agree, when I heard this nonsense this morning I was thinking the same thing- Clinton is pond scum of the worst kind.

Kris

03-31-2002, 11:35 PM
Clinton defines what politics is. I think the guy is great.

04-01-2002, 12:55 AM
the skeletons in the anti-Clinton posters' closets. I'm confident they would fit neatly into a phylum well below that of pond scum.

04-01-2002, 07:59 AM
Apparently, the same thing happened in Arkansas, when Clinton lost his first re-election to Governor for following his heart and being soft on death-row inmates.

He came back and got re-elected as a hardliner on crime, among other things, and began ordering them to flip the switch on a regular basis. He killed people whom he thought didn't deserve to die, to get votes.

My source on this may have been some biography I saw on A&E, I think. Though I did mention it to one of Clinton's buddies, who proceeded to have a fit, suggesting there was some truth to the allegation.

Moreover, I am not confident this is a bad thing, getting elected by distancing yourself from your own past, and instead promising the people what they want - and then keeping your campaign promises!

He would have been killing them, in effect, by losing the election as well. Only he'd have been losing his own Kathleen Willy perks at the same time.

eLROY

04-01-2002, 09:45 AM
This reminds me, there was a convicted major arsonist and scam artist who defrauded people out of at least $13 million dollars, and lived a life of crime.

He got out of prison a few years back and, among other things, used one member of my family's credit-card number to open an AOL account.

As soon as it was discovered what was going on, we called AOL, and changed the password, so we could check the emails and, like, try to get rid of some question marks.

One of the funniest emails was from this guy to one of broken-brained, slimebag friends who was stressing about an upcoming court date (using the same attorney in Connecticut as that Skakel guy).

He was saying "Listen, you're not a bad person for your drunken crimes, I'm not a bad person for my arson, don't let what the neighbors think get to you, they all have skeletons in their closets too."

That, apparently, is the notion all scumbags cling to, to feel good about themselves. In fact, this is what this very scumbag is thinking right now, wherever they have him locked up.

Everybody is a scumbag, and the only reason they're picking on me is because they're a bunch of "nazis." The term "nazis" was his favorite word for people who got angry when he robbed them.

George Bush is a coke head, and all these "nazis" have skeletons in their closets. Just not true, folks, time to face up to your own deviancy.

eLROY

04-01-2002, 11:04 AM
He pardoned lots of scum..and he is all too aware of that fact. He just wasn't prepared for the firestorm that hit him about Rich and others. He granted pardons for pure politcal advantage for his wife Hillary in her senatorial bid in New York. He granted pardons for cold hard cash for either himself or his immediate family members, i.e. Roger Clinton and Hillary's lawyer rat brother.

It always amazes me when it finally makes it through a politicians brain that the American Public is way more astute than was believed.

No amount of money or political favors gained through these mercenary pardons is worth it in the long run and I believe Clinton finally is weighted with the knowledge that he sullied his image forever more. He ignored the cardinal rule of all performers, end the show with your best shot. That will weigh heavily in the minds of all.

04-01-2002, 12:21 PM
remember bush's father. he pardoned a guy named bosh or something like that. he was rumored to have done some really nasty things. also he pardoned iran contra weinberger. as well as some packistani guy that was serving time for importing herion into the us. als for political purposes he pardoned armand hammer after the repubs. got alot of money in donations from him. so its the same old sh**t from all of them. they are nothing but scum and act in their own self interest.

04-01-2002, 12:35 PM
First of all, we all know if Ralph Nader got elected things would change, since some people are like perpetual motion machines, and can survive in excess of 4 seconds in the face of a complete and perpetual disregard for their own self interest.

Second, I think it must have been in GeorgeHW's self interest to lose re-election, since he didn't seem to campaign like he cared. Without interns, what is there?

eLROY

P.S. Say, Ray, do you folks have interns down there in Montana? Or just sno-bo's:(snow-moby's:)

P.P.S. "rumored" Ray?

P.P.P.S Fighting communist imperialism, tax evasion, yeah, the Republicans and Democrats are just the same.

P.P.P.P.S. Arm & Hammer? I thought he was a commie.

P.P.P.P.P.S. Everything is the same, except for the differences. Everything is different, except for the similarities. That doesn't seem to help my laydowns much, though.

04-01-2002, 01:05 PM
it sure did seem like bush wanted to lose. maybe he was sick of being pres. and only ran after being pressure or figured out during the campain he didnt want 4 more years of it.

we have our own idea of what interning someone means.