PDA

View Full Version : Truly confusing spot, 10/25 live at Foxwoods

FoxwoodsFiend
11-12-2005, 05:38 AM
Hero (covers all) raises to $125 co+1 w/A /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG+1 (6K) calls, folded to SB (4000) who calls. SB is a complete donk-none of his plays have ever made sense and he's clearly the worst player at the table.
Anyway, flop (385): Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB checks, hero bets 300, utg+1 calls, sb raises to 600, hero reraises to 2600, utg+1 folds, sb calls leaving himself about $1200.
Turn (5885): 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB checks, hero checks.
River: 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Villain bets all-in, hero...?

thabadguy
11-12-2005, 05:43 AM
Either set him in on flop or make it around 1500

bugstud
11-12-2005, 05:47 AM
your hand is utterly outta whack

chuddo
11-12-2005, 05:50 AM
6:1 on your call with bottom pair against a moron.

is your hand going to be good 16% of the time? does he have a dumb club draw he missed or JT that often? probably not.

in the future try to avoid having the worst player at the table put you into a 'truly confusing spot' on the river in a big pot.

ggbman
11-12-2005, 05:55 AM
Against the worst player at the table, i would be much more inclined to make my hand cheaply and get him to overpay rather than try to push him off a hand, because i dont see him folding very many strong hands here. If you're going to re-raise the flop, why not put him in to garner more folding equity and NEVER leave yourself in the position to make a bad river fold?

cero_z
11-12-2005, 05:57 AM
Hey FF,

Just call or you'll hate yourself. Was it the guy with the white baseball cap and bushy longish hair? Or the tall guy with the gaps in his teeth?

How funny is it that we're sitting in our hotel rooms at 4:40 am posting on 2+2?

flawless_victory
11-12-2005, 06:05 AM
shoulda gone ahead and stuck the $$ in on the turn.
as played, id go ahead and autocall the river for obvious reasons... i would not be too happy.

mgsimpleton
11-12-2005, 06:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
SB is a complete donk-none of his plays have ever made sense

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
?

[/ QUOTE ]

you see the problem here? the "?" in your post implies analysis, perhaps a thought process. this is inconsistent with the first part of your post. good night.

ML4L
11-12-2005, 10:31 AM
Hey Fiend,

[ QUOTE ]
Hero (covers all) raises to $125 co+1 w/A /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG+1 (6K) calls, folded to SB (4000) who calls. SB is a complete donk-none of his plays have ever made sense and he's clearly the worst player at the table.
Anyway, flop (385): Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB checks, hero bets 300, utg+1 calls, sb raises to 600, hero reraises to 2600, utg+1 folds, sb calls leaving himself about $1200.
Turn (5885): 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB checks, hero checks.
River: 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Villain bets all-in, hero...?

[/ QUOTE ]

flop = clusterf*ck

ML4L

PS As played, call river.

FoxwoodsFiend
11-12-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
shoulda gone ahead and stuck the $$ in on the turn.
as played, id go ahead and autocall the river for obvious reasons... i would not be too happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about sticking it in on the turn, but I just didn't think he'd fold anything, so I didn't see the point of passing up on a free card.

FoxwoodsFiend
11-12-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey FF,

Just call or you'll hate yourself. Was it the guy with the white baseball cap and bushy longish hair? Or the tall guy with the gaps in his teeth?

How funny is it that we're sitting in our hotel rooms at 4:40 am posting on 2+2?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was thbe guy with the gaps in his teeth.

FoxwoodsFiend
11-12-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was worried about the player behind me who could easily have a set and I figured I wanted to make it cheap on myself when he does have a set and make it easier for me to fold. Raising just another $900 is problematic because then I KNOW he's not folding.

flawless_victory
11-12-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was worried about the player behind me who could easily have a set and I figured I wanted to make it cheap on myself when he does have a set and make it easier for me to fold. Raising just another $900 is problematic because then I KNOW he's not folding.

[/ QUOTE ]
is this is a joke?

aggie
11-12-2005, 02:42 PM
I did not want to tell you this last night based on you're mood but i think you had a clear call on the river.....Of course I knew how your story was going to end based on the fact that you were telling it to me...

Call the minraise from the Donk on the flop....I definitely don't like you're reraise against an opponent who calls too much......And if you're going to reraise, push and save yourself the river anguish....

thabadguy
11-12-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
is this is a joke?

[/ QUOTE ]
Something I said?

FoxwoodsFiend
11-12-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
is this is a joke?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry-I had two different thoughts going on. The reason I didn't make it $3100 more was that I was worried about the player to my left.
The reason I didn't want to just make it $1500 is because then SB wouldn't even think of folding. Was using "he" to refer to two different people there.

cero_z
11-12-2005, 06:44 PM
Hi FF,

I'm not sure what to tell you, because that guy was not likely to bluff you there unless you'd been very active lately. But as you said, the fact that you are "obviously" committed would do nothing to deter that guy from trying to bluff with his last few hundred. I still say call (though it's probably too late at this point /images/graemlins/smile.gif).

Here's the most memorable hand I played against that guy in a smaller game. I had opened 5 or 6 pots in a row, and won on the flop at the latest each time. Then, I raised UTG with JJ. 3 or 4 callers, including him in the SB. Flop was Q 9 4, and he bet out an amount that I'd seen before, and recognized as "weaker than top pair". I tripled his bet, and everyone else cooperated and folded. Turn was a 7, and he ignored my raise and bet right into me again. I called, questioning my read somewhat. The river was an Ace, and he fired right out again, and I called him for a variety of reasons. He had just a 9, so MHWG. My point (other than that I'm so cool /images/graemlins/tongue.gif) is that he did that because he decided way at the beginning that I didn't have anything, and then nothing could change his mind. If you didn't have a similar image, I doubt he was bluffing. Against the other guy I mentioned, I could never fold your hand.