PDA

View Full Version : Second-Hand Smokeless Smoke

RocketManJames
11-12-2005, 02:39 AM
This might be a really dumb question... but, here it goes anyway.

Take a car that has been smoked in for many years. Even after a thorough internal cleaning, you know how it smells inside. It's got that lingering smoke smell. Now, say you have to sit in this car for a long time. Is this actually bad for you in the same way that second hand smoke is bad for you?

I am guessing no, but it's nothing more than a guess. The thing that makes me doubt my guess is that if you are able to smell that smoker's smell, doesn't that mean that something is travelling into your nose?

-RMJ

highlife
11-12-2005, 02:40 AM
wow.

11-12-2005, 02:49 AM
i'd say no

11-12-2005, 02:56 AM
No man. Hell no. I believe you get your ass [censored] for sayin somehting like that.

http://www.thedudeblog.com/lawrence-officespace.jpg

Lazymeatball
11-12-2005, 03:25 AM
No, I guess I understand your quandary, but this suggestion is pretty ridiculous and paranoid.

ps. I have no scientific basis to back this claim up, just my own interpretation of common sense.

tonypaladino
11-12-2005, 03:28 AM
Well, since there's no evidence that second hand smoke is bad for you, then no, the smell of it can't be either. (Flame Away)

fluxrad
11-12-2005, 03:54 AM
Yes. All forms of smoke can kill. In fact, simply staring at a pack of cigarettes has been known to cause cancer.

mason55
11-12-2005, 04:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, since there's no evidence that second hand smoke is bad for you, then no, the smell of it can't be either. (Flame Away)

[/ QUOTE ]

SHHHH!!! Do you know how many people have spent their lives convincing us that second hand and slip stream smoke kills, with no actual evidence? You're ruining a whole industry here!

phixxx
11-12-2005, 04:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes. All forms of smoke can kill. In fact, simply staring at a pack of cigarettes has been known to cause cancer.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct.

kipin
11-12-2005, 04:29 AM
You really are a rocket man.