PDA

View Full Version : fishing

03-31-2002, 08:23 PM
went down to Pillar Point Harbor on Saturday and discovered (actually, the lady in the bait shop told me) that there was no bait in the bay. this translates to no halibut, lings, etc also, so I turned the car around and headed back to San Francisco.

Went over to Chrissy Fields and found murky water and windy conditions. Decided to leave the long rod in the car and use the spinner instead.

got one bump on a swimbait that had all the markings of an undersized halibut. that was it.

The quest for a halibut on the long rod continues.

03-31-2002, 09:22 PM
sounds like a typical fishing trip for me. Drive all that way only to discover that the fish aint biting that day.

03-31-2002, 10:05 PM
why not go out on the pier at chrissy field or the one down at pacifica and fish there and also throw out a crab loop. so this way you get a fresh crab dinner while wasting time on those stupid halibuts.

03-31-2002, 11:48 PM
Not a bad idea, Ray, as crabs seemed like the only catch yesterday. maybe I'm secretly hoping to hook into something while in a float tube, only to have a seal grab onto it. Now that would be a wild ride.

04-01-2002, 01:16 AM
Do you fish for stripers with the long rod?

04-01-2002, 01:52 AM
fish for: yes

catch much: no

there're some spots in the rivers around the bay that have nice populations of smaller-than-schoolie-sized stripers. that's about the only ones I seem to have any luck for. no boat, is part of it, but I have a problem casting more than a hundred twenty feet into the wind.

04-01-2002, 01:57 PM
yeah, next time I'll call ahead.