PDA

View Full Version : Herbal supplements. (No weed content)

PocketJokers72
11-12-2005, 12:20 AM
Does anyone have any experience with herbal supplements, such as echinacea(sp?), ginseng, st johns wort, etc etc?

I'm looking for something that improves focus and memory, but don't know if any of that stuff actually works. I know very little about these things, so the ones I mentioned may not even be applicable.

SuitedSixes
11-12-2005, 12:28 AM
I take something that really helps my memory, I can't think of the name of it right now, but it really works.

ChipWrecked
11-12-2005, 01:27 AM
I took ginko biloba long enough to decide that regular exercise works a lot better. Same for St. John's Wort.

(though it turned out what I really needed was Wellbutrin /images/graemlins/crazy.gif)

Blarg
11-12-2005, 12:28 PM
Try liquid choline chloride instead of focusing on herbal stuff. Gingko biloba supposedly helps circulation to the brain, but if it has an effect, it can be pretty subtle, from my experience. I don't even notice it. But I do notice liquid choline chloride, tremendously. It get converted into acetylcholine in the body, a neurotransmitter. Your body's supply can get low, and that can lead to feeling like you're thinking slower. Conversely, resupplying it can feel like a great mental pick me up, much like coffee but without any negative side effects or the chance to make you spacy and diffuse in your attention.