PDA

View Full Version : It's the Turn and River that count!

adamstewart
11-11-2005, 11:43 PM
I logged on to play a bit of 10/20 6max this afternoon. A friend was looking over my shoulder, watching me play.

He brought something to my attention that I hadn't really thought much about lately. It is this:

Generally, whenever I'm going to get involved in a hand, I usually raise preflop to open or isolate. This is followed by a my 'standard' flop auto-bet, pretty much regardless of what flops.

(Again, these are just *general* trends, but I'd say it accounts for more than 60% of the hands I play).

From there, the turn and river plans are situation-dependent.

Just something I thought I'd post and see what discussion it generates...

Adam

Victor
11-11-2005, 11:48 PM
revolutionary!!!!

waffle
11-11-2005, 11:51 PM
and the bets are bigger on those streets, increasing the effect of reverse implied odds against your superior starting hands.

brazilio
11-12-2005, 12:10 AM
I don't know how to change this, and I don't know flops to check through. I've checked through like 10. In the past month.

11-12-2005, 12:11 AM
http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/orly-42517.jpg

Victor
11-12-2005, 12:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know how to change this, and I don't know flops to check through. I've checked through like 10. In the past month.

[/ QUOTE ]

generally, if its multiway and you have dick you should check thru. i have been doing this more since bz recommended after watching a video.

say, its 4way and you have nothing. just check.

11-12-2005, 12:16 AM
I've been trying that on as well. But dick happens on good raggy boards and I figure I must be good at least a good percentage of time. And really, betting and raising with overcards is so much better than anything else.

John Bedtelyon
11-12-2005, 12:52 AM
Like suggested, I definitely wouldn't bet out almost every flop if you raise preflop. In a multiway pot if you have AK and don't improve you're almost definitely losing on the flop and it's best to just get away from the hand.

If you don't connect, your big hands can lose a lot of value. Don't fall in love with hands that need improvement.

JMB