PDA

View Full Version : Help me DJ this party

11-11-2005, 10:04 PM
I have to DJ a party tonight for 2 and a half hours. I need to play good music to dance to so that the girls will get ridiculous.

I will have access to every song known to man. I should pick the good ones. There needs to be a healthy mix of the current rap dance hits but I also want to play the great older stuff.

Post songs here that you would be pissed off about not hearing or songs that you think I might forget. Also if you have like a theme set where 4-5 songs go really well together in a certain order, that would be cool too.

NotMitch
11-11-2005, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have to DJ a party tonight for 2 and a half hours. I need to play good music to dance to so that the girls will get ridiculous.

I will have access to every song known to man. I should pick the good ones. There needs to be a healthy mix of the current rap dance hits but I also want to play the great older stuff.

Post songs here that you would be pissed off about not hearing or songs that you think I might forget. Also if you have like a theme set where 4-5 songs go really well together in a certain order, that would be cool too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if its obvious but there has never been a better party rap song than The Humpty Dance. It is also hard to go wrong with Prince.

IronDragon1
11-11-2005, 10:08 PM
DJ Sammy-Heaven
Darude-Sandstorm
Dance mixes of pop songs (infintely many)
Village People-YMCA
Michael Jackson-Don't Stop Till You Get enough, Billie Jean
Bee Gees-Stayin' alive

EDIT:
The kids seem to love
50 Cent-Candy Shop
J-Kwon-Tipsy
Snoop Dogg & Pharell-Beautiful
Ludacris & Bobby Valentino-Pimpin All over the World

Patrick del Poker Grande
11-11-2005, 10:11 PM
I'm pretty sure you need to play all of these songs:

Blackstreet - No Diggity
Tone Loc - Wild Thing
Commodores - Brick House
Monifah - Touch It
112 - Peaches N Cream
Bloodhound Gang - Bad Touch
NIN - Closer

These songs all make girls hornballs. Do it.

Oh yeah, and get some Coheed and some QotSA in there, too.

kurosh
11-11-2005, 10:11 PM
help me help you. you are stoned, very stoned. there is a twix and a snickers. you are going to eat both. which do you eat first? which has the best aftertaste? which would taste best first? do the tastes mix well? these are all questions you must first ask yourself.

11-11-2005, 10:21 PM
I would eat one twix, then the snickers, then the other twix. I think that is the proper play. It is very good. Thanks for the advice so song I had forgotten about a couple of those. Keep the songs that "the kids like" coming. Avg age will be like 19-20 at this party.

Dominic
11-11-2005, 10:22 PM
any old Sly & the Family Stone will have the house rockin'

BWebb
11-11-2005, 10:23 PM
Even though most people hate it, girls love Humps by Black Eyed Peas.

tonypaladino
11-11-2005, 10:24 PM
Throw in a Billy Idol right in the middle of a set of rap songs. It goes over well (seriously)

peterchi
11-11-2005, 10:47 PM
I think most of these are too obvious, but these are all must-haves (even the ones that have been overplayed):

Yeah! - Usher
Get Low - Lil' Jon etc
Badd Bitch - Ying Yang Twins
Salt Shaker - Ying Yang Twins
Shake ya Tail Feather - Nelly
In Da Club - 50 Cent
Run It - Chris Brown
Naughty Girl - Beyonce

And I second the Humps suggestion