PDA

View Full Version : I build a big pot

Roy6
11-11-2005, 09:54 PM
Button is LAG. He likes to raise scare cards. Other players are LP and very fishy.

Party Poker 3.00/6.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(5 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10.00 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

Turn: (9.00 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, CO calls, Button calls.

River: (12.00 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero ?

JimmyJazz1
11-11-2005, 10:23 PM
I don't understand the donk bet on the turn. Either 3 bet the flop and lead the turn or call his raise on the flop and c/r the turn. I'd probably go with 3 betting the flop to get CO out. Also, it's also very likely the button has a draw or top pair mid kicker or mid pair, so charge him another bet.

As for the river, trust your reads. Since you say he likes to bet scare cards, I may just call this one but its very close. If it was HU on the river, you and button, i'd call his bet in a heartbeat, but the CO confuses things.

Roy6
11-11-2005, 10:29 PM
As for the stop'n'go, I didn't want to inflate the pot on the flop. Probably I should have check-raised the turn then. No chance button won't bet it.
The river is really a killer, 4-to-staright-flush and me having 2 pairs makes it even less likely they are on pair(s).

11-11-2005, 10:31 PM
feel like folding for 1? I do, unfortunately. and yes, checkraise this turn if button will bet. I think the gaybet on the turn is awful, to be brutally honest.

Roy6
11-12-2005, 11:56 AM
So I folded the winner for 1 (I'm expert at this). Button had AJ, fish A5 - no flush.
Seems like my turn mistake cost me the whole pot.