PDA

View Full Version : Party Software Problems - Not the usual connection ones!

11-11-2005, 08:36 PM
Here's an edited version of what I have emailed Party, but I don't hold out too much hope with them, so if anyone here can offer advice it would be much appreciated!

"I can open the software client fine, and get the list of tables displayed in the background, but then when try to login, or go to a table (whether logged in or not), this is often unsuccessful... I get the 'Login Request is in Process..' or ''Taking you to table...' dialog boxes, but these just stay on the screen and then eventually timeout with an error message.

This does not always happen, but at least 50% of the time. Some of the time I can login and open one table, but if I try and open another table the problem occurs then.

It wouldn't appear to be a network/connection issue (at least not with the internet side of things) as the network status figures always show fine, everything else on the internet works ok, and if I use my laptop (which accesses the internet through the same WAP/router) that works fine.

The configurations of the two machines are basically the same (both running Windows XP), and the internet connection, and internal networking, is essentially the same, although they are running different applications and different hardware drivers etc, so I can only think that something is conflicting with PartyPoker in some way.

I've tried closing/disabling all other running applications (except the absolute bare min), but still get the problems.

Anyone advice on other applications known to interfere with Party, internal network/router settings (ports etc) I should investigate, logging options I could enable etc would be very welcome!

Cheers.

swiftrhett
11-12-2005, 12:04 AM
Try making a new XP user account, and install PP on that. I bet it's a registry issue.

11-12-2005, 10:05 AM
Yep, thanks very much, creating a new windows account and installing Party on there does resolve the issue, although that's about all I have got on the new account of course!

Now to try and work out how if there's a way to fix the old account, instead of moving everything else over to the new one... bit of a long shot really, but any ideas on areas of the registry that could be causing this problem?!