PDA

View Full Version : OT: multi-table technique

11-11-2005, 08:20 PM
I'm sure this is a lame newbie question, but....
I don't mean poker technique, but just the mechanics and site for doing it. I ususally play at UB, which lets me play 3 at once with their mini-view. I notice that the play can get goofy as I dump marginal hand I might otherwise play because another table has my momentary attention (maybe that's a good thing) and it gets tougher as they all get to 3 handed and there's more to do and more to play. How/where can you play 4+ tables? How do you manage the screen space (trying mutiple at PP I'll be pondering one screen when another pops up in my face, and I'm scrambling to find the other one because time was getting short). Should I crank up the screen resolution to squeeze more in, or just shutup until I get more screen/monitor space, or "that's just multitabling, get used to it" or what?

Thanks.

microbet
11-11-2005, 08:29 PM
Party Poker will let you play up to 10 tables. To play without overlap you need 800x600 for each table so 1600x1200 allows for 4 tables. 2 such monitors allow for 8 tables.

If you add tables slowly enough you will likely be able to handle it without ever being overwhelmed.

11-11-2005, 08:59 PM
I only play the 1 but I do well at the $20 game.

11-11-2005, 09:06 PM
to be more space efficient on a smaller monitor, place the edges and chat box off the screen. with some moving around you can fit 4 tables with some non-important parts of the screen overlapping on a smaller reso than 1600x1200