PDA

View Full Version : Truepoker

Eder
11-11-2005, 06:50 PM
They sent me this so thought finally decent ...$20 for 100 hands played...rest of bonus not so hot

*****, if you play, we will pay, up to $120, for free no strings attached …

Our “No Deposit” TruePoker Bonus

We will put up to $20 for free into your TruePoker account if you
come back here and play 100 hands within the next 7 days.

If you then play at least another 1000 raked hands in the next 30 days,
we will put another $100 into your TruePoker account.

You can get up to $120 with no deposit required.

So I play $1/2 6 max....bout 250 hands so far...but guess what...all of sudden its 100 RAKED hands. No prob...4/5 pots are raked...but I'm only credited with 75 raked hands so far....

Why not just tell me it's 100 RAKED hands and that means like $1 min rake....what bogus crap...

TruePoker CEO
11-11-2005, 07:19 PM
It does NOT mean $1.00 minimum rake for a hand to get you credit ....

"Raked Hands" for promos means where the rake is $1.00 or more. If the rake is $.50, you get 1/2 of a Raked Hand credited, $.25 rake yields a 1/4 credit.

This also allows Micro-limit players a way to qualify for bonuses, and is consistent with most sites I know of.

This Raked Hands calculation is explained on the Promos page on the website. We decided not to dress it up as " Points" or some other term. It is an unvarnished 20% rakeback for the first 100 Raked Hands and 10% thereafter for the next 1,000 Raked Hands.

We give you plenty of time to play this and earn $120, not 7 days like some of the offers you see.

This invitational promo requires No Deposit, all you need to do is play. If you do not think that "$.20/dollar of gross rake" on a no-deposit bonus is not enough to come back and try us, then I guess the offer is too low for you.

By the way, you do not need ANY raked hands to play in our WSOP4Free Tournament Series. It is entirely free for anyone.

Truepoker CEO

Eder
11-11-2005, 07:42 PM
Look, I enjoy playing on your site, but you must admit the promo email states 100 played hands. This is similar to a few Crypto sites. I was pissed needing to play almost 300 hands to clear 100 played hands promo.

FWIW I'm up 75 BB in 300 hands so really shouldnt b*tch, but why not be up front...thx

TruePoker CEO
11-11-2005, 07:48 PM
We have it posted on the Promos page for all promos and bonuses. I undertand your point though. We would have put it into the actual email that went out if I had remembered it was not spelled out there also.

By the way, we also have been chumming the waters in $1-2 by offering a "Micro-Limit Loss Insurance" promo this month ..... We were criticized for that, but maybe it really does work as "fish food".

Truepoker CEO

Eder
11-11-2005, 08:44 PM
OK ... sorry to rag on you...I'm glad for any promo...thx

byw... fish food working...+130BB/450 hands...makes Paradise look like a rock garden.

11-11-2005, 09:47 PM
Is this promo only for players that are already registered but haven't been there in a while? I looked on the Promo page but didn't see anything for a New Sign up.

Regards,
Terry

TruePoker CEO
11-13-2005, 04:00 PM
...makes Paradise look like a rock garden. "

Thanks for the report.

Give a shark a direct bonus and he will be hungry in 5x-7x raked hands, give him a pond chummed with Fish Food and he can eat fish for a long time.

Is the +EV of "X" BB over Z # of hands or hours better than a deposit bonus of "Y" % over "Z" # of hands played or hours ?? Use whatever values you want for the variables, but there should be a point where the answer is both yes and realistic. (Keep in mind that you have to play either way.)

We really are trying to boost the $1-2 limit and Micro-limit game play by offering "loss insurance" ... We think boosting the liklihood of X BB profit is more attractive to growing our business than short term contracts for 5x - 7x raked hands. We'll see how successful it is in the long-run.

Truepoker CEO

kylma
11-13-2005, 06:14 PM
I received the same email.
"We will put up to $20 for free into your TruePoker account if you
come back here and play 100 hands within the next 7 days.

If you then play at least another 1000 raked hands in the next 30 days,
we will put another $100 into your TruePoker account."

You clearly use terms 100 hands , and then 1000 raked hands.
This is totally different from what you explain here..
I actually was thinking that i will play at your site again, see what kind of fish you have there, but after reading your replies in this thread I uninstalled the software.

[ QUOTE ]
It does NOT mean $1.00 minimum rake for a hand to get you credit ....

"Raked Hands" for promos means where the rake is $1.00 or more. If the rake is $.50, you get 1/2 of a Raked Hand credited, $.25 rake yields a 1/4 credit.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we allow ths kind of marketing, you aree supposed to get $100 for playing 1000 raked hands, and when in fact 4 raked hands constitute one raked hand.. soon there will be sites offering bonuses where you have to play 20 raked hands in order to constitute one raked hand in according to their "promo rules"

1p0kerb0y
11-13-2005, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

We really are trying to boost the $1-2 limit and Micro-limit game play by offering "loss insurance" ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I certanily hope this works for you.

Just visited the site and see only 1 $1/2 game going.

Surely you can't expect multitablers (which most of us are) to flock to this?

MyTurn2Raise
11-13-2005, 08:16 PM
How long until pokertracker compatability?

Eder
11-13-2005, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

We really are trying to boost the $1-2 limit and Micro-limit game play by offering "loss insurance" ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I certanily hope this works for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played a 1/2 , a 2/4 6 max, and a shorthanded 5/10 to get 3 tables going today...the 5/10 was too tough not to pay attention...the 1000 raked is going very slow...still need 400 or so more after playing quite a few hours there.

I tried to start a 2/4 6 max table several times and they do fill up in 15 mins or so, but heads up variance sux

rusty JEDI
11-13-2005, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I always see this as a terrible argument. Unless you have a very small bankroll you can have your 1 true table open and x amount of tables from others sites.

rJ

Eder
11-13-2005, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How long until pokertracker compatability?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope never...I don't really want anyone to see my stats and play me accordingly...and it takes only a few orbits on these kind of sites to pick out a few targets...

1p0kerb0y
11-13-2005, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Unless you have a very small bankroll you can have your 1 true table open and x amount of tables from others sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a huge inconvenience to me to have multiple tables opened at many sites. I usually do quite well when I have, say, 8 tables open on two sites. It is easier to follow the action and locate the correct buttons when all of the tables near each other are virtually the same.

Having said that, your point is taken that you could run the one table they have available with tables from other sites.