PDA

View Full Version : $60 AJ

TylerD
11-11-2005, 06:23 PM
$60 turbo on Stars. 1st hand.

I limp A /images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif UTG, button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop 7c 6h Ac

I check SB bets 60, I call.

Turn 5c

I check-call 140

River Ks

I check SB bets 560, I fold.

xJMPx
11-11-2005, 06:27 PM
I fold this pre-flop.

Given that you didn't, I re-raise the flop to about t180 and re-evaluate from there.

How'd u check call the turn, you were second to act.

Given the way you played it, I fold the turn.

Askilus
11-11-2005, 06:33 PM
To fold it PF, isn't that a bit tight? If it was offsuit then I wouldn't hesitate to fold it UTG, but suited as well? Assuming hero is a good postflop player, then flush potential has to be worth something?

xJMPx
11-11-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To fold it PF, isn't that a bit tight? If it was offsuit then I wouldn't hesitate to fold it UTG, but suited as well? Assuming hero is a good postflop player, then flush potential has to be worth something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the flush potential is worth about 3% if you get to see all five cards. Also, if the A hits you still don't know if you have he best hand because of two pair possibilities and higher Ax just limping, which is the way I play AK/AQ early levels.

Finally, and I think the most compelling reason, from UTG you are unlikely to even see the flop, as you'll have to fold this to almost any raise from behind.