PDA

View Full Version : To the ignorant masses, Cowboy Bebop must be watched (+ a request)

Popinjay
11-11-2005, 05:42 PM
Seriously. Cowboy Bebop is anime. Yes anime. I know anime has tons of negative connotations in American culture today but everybody must watch this. Watch it with no expectations, clear your mind and ego and just watch. It is so incredibly brilliant. Everything about it. Now go find a friend with the DVDs and watch!

Request: Can someone upload some Cowboy Bebop audio CD's to megaupload.com please!? I really really really want some of this and can't find it anywhere. Thanks guys, from the bottom of my heart. Love ya.

Klepton
11-11-2005, 05:44 PM
actually it's not that amazxing, it's just an action anime with a small couple sub plots that weren't even explained fully.

i mean yeah the show is cool, but it's not so cool you're going to order a bunch of 20-40 years olds to watch it.

IndieMatty
http://www.shugboria.co.uk/turtles5.jpg

uw_madtown
In case anyone is dissuaded from taking this advice due to Popinjay's overwhelming enthusiasm, don't be. Bebop's great. I'm not an anime guy -- I've seen maybe 4 series and a handful of movies -- but Bebop is one of my favorite TV shows ever. It's great.

Phoenix1010
11-11-2005, 05:46 PM
Seconded. Very very good show.

Kyo Souma II
11-12-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously. Cowboy Bebop is anime. Yes anime. I know anime has tons of negative connotations in American culture today but everybody must watch this. Watch it with no expectations, clear your mind and ego and just watch. It is so incredibly brilliant. Everything about it. Now go find a friend with the DVDs and watch!

Request: Can someone upload some Cowboy Bebop audio CD's to megaupload.com please!? I really really really want some of this and can't find it anywhere. Thanks guys, from the bottom of my heart. Love ya.

[/ QUOTE ]

get soulseek, ass.

Brom
11-12-2005, 12:43 AM
Bebop from TMNT has his own show?

KDawgCometh
11-12-2005, 12:46 AM
I really love this series. Lots of good action, and the stories of the characters are interesting too. If anyone hasn't really been into anime, this is a great series to start with.

7ontheline
11-12-2005, 12:56 AM
Definitely a great series to start non-anime fans with. When you get into anime more, this show seems a little more shallow but it's still worth watching.

11-12-2005, 09:41 AM
I've never watched this show, but I would highly recommend the music from it, written by Yoko Kanno and performed by The Seatbelts.

jrbick
11-12-2005, 10:21 AM
I didn't like anime.
I watched Cowboy Bebop.
I like anime.
Watch Coboy Bebop.
Anime does not negate one's coolness.

In all seriousness, I used to think that anime was kind of looser-ish; but after watching Cowboy Bebop and then some more serious anime, it all made sense. There are some seriously good, creative concepts and stories in anime series/flicks. Some of them kick the asses of most regular films that are produced nowadays; quality-wise.

Blarg
11-12-2005, 12:20 PM
I liked the series a lot, but thought the movie was terrible. See the series, in the proper order. Skip the movie. This was my first intro to anime too, and it gave me hope for the style that wasn't always realized in later stuff I saw. But this is fun and worth seeing.

JohnnyHumongous
11-12-2005, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bebop from TMNT has his own show?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he realized he had been carrying Rocksteady long enough and decided to go it alone.

Jack of Arcades
11-12-2005, 01:38 PM
Cowboy Bebop is like #4 on my list of anime, behind Full Metal Alchemist first and foremost. What a great show FMA is.

11-12-2005, 01:45 PM
While your at it download Naruto(its pretty decent lots of fillers but when there is action its decent) , Bleach(you guys will /images/graemlins/heart.gif this show, nonstop piss you off cliffhangers)
Full metal panic is good, and if you can find it Samurai Seven was amazing. Also Blood is a new one recently started watching.

Most of those are action comedy packed, if you dont 10 table it makes good way to waste time in those early rounds /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Blarg
11-12-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cowboy Bebop is like #4 on my list of anime, behind Full Metal Alchemist first and foremost. What a great show FMA is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. It's a shame it ended so early. I still felt like the series only made it like a quarter of the way through its story arc. There was so much more to tell, like almost everything. Then suddenly it was over. WTF? What a shame.

Jack of Arcades
11-12-2005, 02:18 PM
It's not over yet, they're making a movie.

Blarg
11-12-2005, 02:23 PM
That's sorta cool I guess, but I'd rather have more episodes in the series. The whole thing seems to be one of those things that really needs to expand over time rather than be crammed into a single hour and a half movie. I hope the movie doesn't bring down the concept as much as the Cowboy Bebop one did for that series.

fnord_too
11-12-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A second movie? They already have one in addition to the series (which is definitely cool).

I never really like anime much either (didn't despise it) but adult swim has had some pretty kick ass series on.

fnord_too
11-12-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. It's a shame it ended so early. I still felt like the series only made it like a quarter of the way through its story arc. There was so much more to tell, like almost everything. Then suddenly it was over. WTF? What a shame.

[/ QUOTE ]

FMA isn't over, the new season started like 3 weeks ago. Or are you talking about Bebop? Bebop definitely could have done more quality shows without jumping the shark.

Lazymeatball
11-12-2005, 02:32 PM
I'll watch the occasional anime video from time to time. And I also watched the occasional Cowboy Bebop from time to time, but never often enough for the plot line to make sense. I was also usually very drunk at the time as well. I never really got it, but it seemed kind of cool from a visual/audio aspect, and I liked that episode with the corgi, apart from that, it was very 'meh'.

Blarg
11-12-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FMA isn't over, the new season started like 3 weeks ago. Or are you talking about Bebop? Bebop definitely could have done more quality shows without jumping the shark.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heheh, shows how much I know. Netflix only had the first three discs for a while, so I thought the show ended there! Now I've just found there's at least three more for me to see, woohoo! Thanks for the clue! And I'm glad it's not over. One of the things I like the most about the series is that there seems to be so much mystery and things left unsaid in it, but not in a fakey way that feels manipulative. It just feels like there's really a rich world there with tons left to find out about. I was bummed when I thought there would be no more to discover because the series had been really really short. Now I really look forward to the new discs and an moving them to the top of my netflix queue. I only hope I get them -- Ninja Scroll has been up there for more than half a year.

Blarg
11-12-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A second movie? They already have one in addition to the series (which is definitely cool).

Really? Where can you get it and what's it called? It's not listed at either Amazon.com or Netflix.
I never really like anime much either (didn't despise it) but adult swim has had some pretty kick ass series on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blarg
11-12-2005, 03:02 PM
Everything's pretty "meh" when you're wasted. Or pretty great, one or the other.

Cowboy Bebop is a little corny and not always perfect, but I'd rank it much higher than "meh."

Jack of Arcades
11-12-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I just meant the first movie.

Lazymeatball
11-12-2005, 03:35 PM
Yes, I suspect being drunk had a great deal to do with the "meh"ness of it. I need to switch back to smoking pot.