PDA

View Full Version : Tunica Gold Strike report: no incompetence to be found!

youtalkfunny
11-11-2005, 05:34 PM
Played at the Gold Strike for six hours the other night (usually go to the Shoe, but all tables were full with a tourney).

EVERY SINGLE DEALER kept their mouth shut, and dealt. I was stunned. I'm not accustomed to competence in poker rooms.

Nice job, Gold Strike!

Wife and kids are out of town this week, so I get some B&M time for a change.

MicroBob
11-11-2005, 05:41 PM
and they took those damn slot-machines off the outside wall too.

haven't played there in awhile...but walked upstairs to check it out a couple nights ago and I think it looks better even though it's just a minor change.

i've always had good experiences with the Gold Strike dealers.

every once in awhile get a new one....but usually they're pretty good for newbies.

wish they more regularly spread higher limit action than just 3/6.
but their tournaments are generally well-run from what I observed...and that 1/2 NL game is still pretty good (from my limited experiences there) even though I suck at cash-game NL.

I suspect Gold Strike isn't doing quite as much business now though.
More tables and a nicer room at Horseshoe perhaps drawing some of the customers away.

I used to play at Gold Strike if the wait-lists at Horseshoe looked too long at the Shoe. But that has been happening less because of the added tables at the Shoe imo.

Randy_Refeld
11-11-2005, 05:45 PM
I was in the Goldstrike a couple weeks ago and noticed some dealers there that I know to be good dealers. In the past I have posted some negatives about that room, but the source of those left there about a year ago.

MicroBob
11-11-2005, 05:52 PM
yes. i noticed that the guy you didn't like was no longer affiliated there.

you might be interested to know that he had a booth at the trade-show at the WSOP in Vegas.
I think it was a dealing-school/poker-party set-up thing or something like that.

I was walking around and was just surprised to see the words 'Mid-South' at a little table inside the trade-show at the WSOP. Not sure why he went all the way to Vegas to promote his Mississippi dealer-training program. I don't think there were many other local-type places that purchased space for a table out there similar to his business.

Randy_Refeld
11-11-2005, 06:00 PM
Yes, I know he is tyring to run a dealing school of some sort. I feel bad for anyone that gets tricked into that; he has never worked as a dealer and he is unfamiliar with dealing procedures.