PDA

View Full Version : Arrested Development cancelled

DeezNuts
11-11-2005, 04:14 PM
...while shows like Two and a Half Men and The George Lopez Show continue to live on.

Link (http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/news/bal-artslife-arrested1111,0,1507661.story?coll=bal-entertainment-headlines)

Terrible.

Edit: Not definite yet, but looking very bad.

CollinEstes
11-11-2005, 04:18 PM
You sir just ruined my day. There are only a few shows that have ever reached a level of comedy that AD reaches.

Thanks to people like Private Joker (no offense) the reality shows kill great, actually creative, scripted comedy & drama.

Next on the chopping block is probably the second funniest show on Network TV, The Office.

toss
11-11-2005, 04:20 PM
FUCKENSHIT

private joker
11-11-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks to people like Private Joker (no offense) the reality shows kill great, actually creative, scripted comedy & drama.

[/ QUOTE ]

AD is my favorite show on the air (along with THE SHIELD). I don't even watch much reality, ironically.

CollinEstes
11-11-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AD is my favorite show on the air (along with THE SHIELD). I don't even watch much reality, ironically.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get me wrong I wish I had your job. But still Reality shows are killing Network TV. FX, HBO, and showtime are now some of the only good places to watch.

ClaytonN
11-11-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't get me wrong I wish I had your job. But still Reality shows are killing Network TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, who needs network TV?

toss
11-11-2005, 04:27 PM
Damnit this is worse then taking in a 200BB Downsing. Shittt

jackdaniels
11-11-2005, 04:30 PM
This news - it is terrible.

Soul Daddy
11-11-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But still Reality shows are killing Network TV. FX, HBO, and showtime are now some of the only good places to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]
What does this have to do with Reality TV? Because it's cheaper to produce? If a show is good enough and appeals to a broad enough audience, it will continue. AD just doesn't do well enough in the ratings. That's either a marketing problem or a stupid public problem, as we all know it isn't a quality issue.

CollinEstes
11-11-2005, 04:39 PM
I guess my problem is with the public watching all of those gay reality shows. They make getting good entertainment harder for the rest of us becuase they are on every channel pretty much all week.

TomCollins
11-11-2005, 05:12 PM
I hate the American Public more every day. We need to bring back some good ole' natural selection to weed out the stupid.

GuyOnTilt
11-11-2005, 05:22 PM
WTF no [censored] way. Screw all those guys with their [censored] Neilsen boxes. I'm pissed and sad. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

GoT

SackUp
11-11-2005, 05:54 PM
This is awful.

Last weeks episode with the mole and the spaceman suit crushing the houses like godzilla was one of the best moments in all of TV history.

FCK!!!!!!!!!!

Aloysius
11-11-2005, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But still Reality shows are killing Network TV. FX, HBO, and showtime are now some of the only good places to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]
What does this have to do with Reality TV? Because it's cheaper to produce? If a show is good enough and appeals to a broad enough audience, it will continue. AD just doesn't do well enough in the ratings. That's either a marketing problem or a stupid public problem, as we all know it isn't a quality issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sucks they're not going to order a full 22 - but I would imagine AD, relative to other options (even other sitcoms) is very expensive to produce.

But I still have some hope... Fox is definitely testing the syndication waters right now, and likely they'll need more epsiodes (and with more episodes make more $). This revenue, combined with increasing DVD sales, could make the economics on this show palatable. Remember what happend with Family Guy - surely Fox does.

But yeah - dude, a George Lopez may suck, for example, and this is scary, but it kills AD in ratings. It's not even close (ew).

11-11-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can someone enlighten me as to why Private Joker is an influence herre? Im guessing a job in television?

toss
11-11-2005, 06:29 PM
What?!?! Private Joker is behind this??!! Lets form an angry mob and burn his house!!!

CollinEstes
11-11-2005, 06:30 PM
In another thread he said told us he does the casts for a reality tv company called, umm I don't remember, but the make trading spouses.

Aloysius
11-11-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In another thread he said told us he does the casts for a reality tv company called, umm I don't remember, but the make trading spouses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reality TV is definitely responsible for hurting the quality of Network TV landscape for scripted series. (No offense intended at all to private joker - I like alot of reality TV.)

But I don't see how one can debate that. It's as simple as there's only so much real estate to air stuff - Reality is cheaper to license, but still has hit potential. You'd have to be a moran and not air some Reality if you're a broadcast network. This reduces at-bats for comedies and dramas, so we, as an audience, get way fewer chances to sample possibly great stuff.

But hey - if you wanna subsidize broadcast networks and help out their bottom-line somehow - I bet you'll get way better shows on the air /images/graemlins/grin.gif

It's a shame AD can't do better ratings - I think alot of it is marketing and scheduling (true for most series). Shoulda kept it on Sundays.

KDawgCometh
11-11-2005, 06:50 PM
HBO needs to step up to the plate and buy as many new seasons as possible. AD would be soo much better on HBO, and it'd be perfect for them, especially considering that Sopranos and Curb are gonna be ending within the next two years

battschr
11-11-2005, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
FUCKENSHIT

[/ QUOTE ]

wayabvpar
11-11-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
HBO needs to step up to the plate and buy as many new seasons as possible. AD would be soo much better on HBO, and it'd be perfect for them, especially considering that Sopranos and Curb are gonna be ending within the next two years

[/ QUOTE ]

This is among my most fervent wishes. At least in regards to television /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dominic
11-11-2005, 07:10 PM
you know, it was pretty good.

not good enough for me to consistantly TiVo it, but pretty good.

Hence, the cancellation, i'm sure.

MrMon
11-11-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...while shows like Two and a Half Men and The George Lopez Show continue to live on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, Two and a Half Men is a very funny show.

I tried to watch AD. I really did. I could appreciate it, but just gave up. Too much work for a comedy.

astroglide
11-12-2005, 03:32 PM
i'm glad

i'm [censored] sick of its fans telling me to watch it

11-12-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, Two and a Half Men is a very funny show.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eric Draven
11-12-2005, 04:28 PM
This news, as posted on the front page of IMDB, ruined my day yesterday.

Once Curb ends, I really won't be watching much TV at all...