PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 Flop Overbet Semibluff

HoldEmKillah
11-11-2005, 02:39 PM
UTG just sat a short while ago, maybe 15 hands. No read

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $10 BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Button ($1323.75)
SB ($410.25)
BB ($894.75)
UTG ($1242)
MP ($586.25)
Hero ($4719.25)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls $10, 1 fold</font>, Hero raises to $45</font>, Button calls $45, 2 folds</font>, UTG calls $35.

Flop: ($150) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 players)</font>
UTG bets $140</font>, Hero raises to $4674.25 (All-In)</font>

technologic
11-11-2005, 03:02 PM
i think a raise to 500 gets the job accomplished and avoids getting rocked by hands behind you.

edit: didn't see that they weren't as deep as you. it may be fine then...

ladykiller
11-11-2005, 03:17 PM
You're a coin flip if he's got q10 and I don't think he'd fold that. And your about 1/3 if he's got a set. What hands could he be leading out for the pot on the flop when he limp/called your preflop raise? A flush/straight draw will fold, but that's really the only hand along with a kq that he'd fold. I think I like a call on flop better.

flawless_victory
11-11-2005, 03:19 PM
standard.
looks good.

FeelGoodAboutHood
11-11-2005, 03:45 PM
Seems to me that the range of hands that he would limp UTG and then lead into the PF raiser is also well within the 'call curious overbets on drawy boards' range.

Of course, if you're looking for a call here, I like it alot, but I don't see how that's what you're looking for.

HoldEmKillah
11-11-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Of course, if you're looking for a call here, I like it alot, but I don't see how that's what you're looking for.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm looking for a fold but don't hate a call. Bacically I'm looking to make a +EV play.

psuasskicker
11-11-2005, 03:48 PM
Why exactly do you want to push out everyone who doesn't have you beat with that strong a hand?

- C -

Edit: Not with that strong a hand...how 'bout "with that much equity in the hand"...

HoldEmKillah
11-11-2005, 03:49 PM
btw, I immidiately moved in. I mean, faster than fast...if that matters.

HoldEmKillah
11-11-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why exactly do you want to push out everyone who doesn't have you beat with that strong a hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm behind to AQ,KQ,KK, all hands I should be able to fold out. AA/AsKs I MAY be able to fold out as well.

66 and Q10 likely call but it's not that bad if they do.

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: Not with that strong a hand...how 'bout "with that much equity in the hand"...

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly do you mean by this? I have trouble with this concept. Doesn't my $ equity in the hand go way up by moving in?

TheWorstPlayer
11-11-2005, 04:23 PM
The equity in the hand is the % of the time that you will wind the hand times the size of the pot. So by moving in, you may increase your equity if you knock people out. But if everyone calls, then your equity % stays the same but the pot is bigger.

psuasskicker
11-11-2005, 04:44 PM
What exactly do you mean by this? I have trouble with this concept. Doesn't my $ equity in the hand go way up by moving in?

I can't find my words today. I'm iPodding while working and posting after a big lunch...good thing it took me this long to figure out how useless I actually am today.

In general I think my point was supposed to be that the pot isn't overly large right now, and I don't mind building a big one here with a hand like this. Lotta probable outs, not likely to be best at the moment, big moves only get called by big hands, yadda yadda.

I dunno. Something about this yells at me to peel a card here and react accordingly...chance for a huge pot if you hit nicely on the turn.

- C -

thabadguy
11-11-2005, 05:42 PM
I am not folding AsKs here in a million years.
Nor do i fold AA,KK
But those hands are unlikely given pf action.

HoldEmKillah
11-12-2005, 08:47 PM
They both folded. I'm a brilliant luckbox.

fsuplayer
11-12-2005, 10:18 PM
moving in is fine here, but i call this more often than not.

you might be ahead already, and he will use the spades and other queens to bluff with most likely.