PDA

View Full Version : loose passive games and being on the button.

winky51
11-11-2005, 01:49 PM
lets say you're in a loose passive game where the players just stay till the river with any reasonable, and sometimes unreasonable, piece of the board.

Now I raise a lot of hands on the button in normal games, but I got to thinking about these types of loose passive games and what else could I do to maximize making money?!

Maybe I'm wrong but with a suited connector I figure you usually have about a 1 in 4 chance of hitting the board with an OE str8 draw, 2 pair, trips, or a flush draw.

So I ran 76s in poker stove vs KJs, A7o, 44, J9o. I also added more players as I tested (random hands) to simulate weak players and blinds.

I ran the test vs KJs, A7o, 44, J9o, random. Mixing 2 colors of my suit in the hands.

I found from 6 players 76s had 15% equity. A little less than the average of 16.6%. I found many of the suited connectors had 1-2% more or 1% less than this average.

So even though you have less than the pot equity why couldnt you raise on the button or cutoff with these hands?
98s-56s? Along with the normal hands.

These players are passive, they might even check to you on the flop, you have position, they WILL pay you off if you hit, you also help overcome the rake since many places have a max limit on rake, you also give yourself more odds to hit guts and weak draws.

I know this is not normal play. But vs these type of players on the button that pay and since there are 6, 7, 8 or more to the flop you are getting so much. Did I mention you're on the button?