PDA

View Full Version : I have no middle/end game

11-11-2005, 01:26 PM
So in the stars 180person tourneys im able to be top 10 until down to less than 80. This is when my game starts to fall apart. I have been very aggressive in the beginning to accumulate these chips, but when the blinds start to get really big, I dont know what to do. I have tried being aggressive, I have tried being tighter and changing gears. I know this is very vague and Im sorry I dont have more stats, but I was just wondering how other people would play the big stack at this stage of the game. Thanks

zambonidrivr
11-11-2005, 01:28 PM
do a lot more shoving, than calling and raising.

11-11-2005, 01:37 PM
Well I dont really call @ all. I do the standard 4xBB, but should I increase my raise? What ends up happening when im aggressive is that ill raise 4xBB with a rather "modest" hand and then someone with like 6-7xBB ends up pushing and im pot-committed and end up having to call and just chunking off chips that way.

Melchiades
11-11-2005, 01:39 PM
Less stealing from small stacks, more restealing from medium stacks.

11-11-2005, 01:41 PM
Im not trying to steal their blinds, thats the thing. I usually dont raise when the small stacks are in the blind unless i have a good hand because of that. they are just pushing in late position, that is the problem. I feel like im not making the best +EV decisions.

11-11-2005, 01:44 PM
be aware of the situation, including stack sizes. take advantage of position. the early stages, I rarely blind steal, since blinds are so small and most of the donks have not been eliminated. middle to late stages, stealing is huge. if you were stealing a lot in the early stages and your still at the same table, then when the blinds go up your table image makes it harder to steal. people will not believe you. if that's the case then take advantage of that by playing monsters. you also mentioned standard raises. IMO almost nothing should be standard, your raising pattern should be varying. this allows you to take advantage of the situations as they arise.

zambonidrivr
11-11-2005, 01:44 PM
posting some hands would help. someone else said more steeling form med stacks. thats also good advice. if your playing sub par hands, you need to learn what is strong and what sucks. AJ, KQ , AT, J10 all fuckign blow man, so get a hand chart and start shoving it in wiht some sack

Melchiades
11-11-2005, 01:45 PM
Then you probably need to steal with hands that have a decent chance at a showdown with the smallstack pushes. Call their pushes. Need to win some of these races to get real deep.

And bully the medium stacks.

11-11-2005, 02:11 PM
Link to My post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=3916691&an=0&page=0# Post3916691)

I used to have the same problem, see my post above to see how harrington's book helped me.

Yuv
11-11-2005, 03:00 PM
I don't have an early tournament game. We need some tag team going on.

tdarko
11-11-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have no middle/end game

[/ QUOTE ]
wow, we need to talk. i am the opposite.

i am practically silent in the beginning (unless cards dictate otherwise), i am all middle/end game.

11-11-2005, 03:47 PM
The best tip I can give you right now is that when close/on the bubble you should have figured out who plays to get ITM and who plays to win it all. Bully the ITMers and stay away from the players that want to win unless you have a hand. This makes me able to steal alot end/late game. Same goes for late game, you should know who just want to move up the ladder and wont gamble,and who want to gamble to get an edge so they can take it all down. Use this to steal. When you get used to it, it's all good.

Just be careful so players don't pick up on your habit and resteal from you alot.

11-12-2005, 08:10 AM
I read his books, but I guess I (as it seems u did in the post) have reverted back to some bad habits. Thanks a lot, Ill go back and reread them.

11-12-2005, 08:13 AM
Next tournament I will keep track of hands and post some. The problem is that I have tried waiting for premium hands, but I start getting eating alive by the blinds. I will reread Harrington and go post some hands in about 4-5 days.